Recent content by WillR

1. W

Trial Frames with 26 and 27.5 option

Liteville 301. I would be happy to put 26" wheels in any 27.5" frame though. Put a high volume tyre on like a 2.4" Ardent, and most people probably won't even notice. Your BB will be about 1/2" lower. Might be a false economy if you end up building a 27.5" bike over time though?
  2. W

SOLD......... thanks

What's the free length of the spring?
  3. W

Sold, please delete.

Sold, please delete.
  4. W

Another Axle "Standard" - really? Why? - Now Called "Boost" by SRAM

From the article: "One nice thing about the new standard is that the BB shell width remains the same, as do the crank arms and their current Q factor." They are talking about changing chainlines via chainring and spider spacings. Not Q factor.
  5. W

Sold, Please Delete.

Sold, Please Delete.
  6. W

Sold. Please delete

Sold, Please delete.
  7. W

Sold. Please delete

Sold, Please Delete.
  8. W

Sold. Please delete

Sold. Please delete
  9. W

Fox fork service hours

Dis: http://pushie.com.au/#/slickoleum/4563207772
  10. W

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Seating just means what you've said above; getting the tyre bead to seat properly in the rim. I've tried to make an adapter out of a presta cap and couldn't get it to work either. If you plan to be doing all your tyres tubeless a compressor is a good investment. If you can't afford one, I know...
  11. W

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

A compressor helps a lot with stubborn tyres. Mounting the tyres to the rims you want to use with a tube and leaving it for a day or two can help. A detergent solution will help the tyres seat on the rims. If you can remove your valve core, you can get more air in quicker, bead the tyres, then...
  12. W

26inch wheels in 27.5inch size frames

Not downhill, but I've been doing exactly this for the past month or so with my Liteville 301. My frame in an XL which has generous stays for 650b fitment and the fork is a 650b Pike. I rode the bike with 650b front and rear for a few months and wasn't enjoying riding as much as i did on...
  13. W

Put SOLD In your thread title when it's sold, ya pack o' bastards!!!!

Bump, offers taken. Also realised these are missing the compression adjuster knob. Happy to adjust price accordingly.
  14. W

1.9-2.3 tubes in a 38c tyre

It's actually pretty easy if you inflate the tube to the size tyre you're trying to fit it to. I've used 26" tubes as a trail-side fix for 650b, 29" and 700c (touring size tyres) with no problems at all.