Recent content by Yarrahappinni

1. Yarrahappinni

NSW Sold

Item: Giant Trance 2017 - alloy, large 27.5+ (2.6 fit fine, 2.8 tight) tyres compatible Location: Port Macquarie NSW 2444 Item Condition: Used, scuff marks from use, no damage or issues to effect riding Reason for selling: Gone carbon Price and price conditions: $600 posted Aus wide Extra Info...
  2. Yarrahappinni

Sram Shimano cocktail

A bit of research and closer inspection, and I think a phone call tomorrow should confirm 2 types of hangers. I did see the same X01 mech on a T275 with 11-46 cassette and he said that was the max it could handle. The hanger on the T275 was sitting vertical (from the axle), where the...
  3. Yarrahappinni

Sram Shimano cocktail

Thanks JTmoto, looks like my new build gets a X01 mech. I don't think I could live without my 47t now.
  4. Yarrahappinni

Sram Shimano cocktail

Has anyone put a Sram X01 (11 speed) rear mech (and shifter for ADD ones) onto a 2017/8 Trance? I'm trying but it looks like I need a different hanger. A Saturday night idea that hasn't work ( for me anyway in Part), and a high tech google hasn't saved my bacon either. Back story; 2017 Trance...
  5. Yarrahappinni

Trailstar Round 1 May 7 Kempsey

Clean your bike, load the car and come to Kempsey for a fun weekend of riding and racing. Saturday (May 6) is unofficial practice and beer time, Sunday (May 7) is race day with 6 trails. 3 from 9-12pm 3 from 1-4pm. Event centre is the Kempsey Golf Club (beer garden located at rear). This is...
  6. Yarrahappinni

THREDBO Accomodation Suggestion

I've booked into Thredbo alpine apartments for 3 nights with 4 mates with 3 days lift passes. $250 each with the 3 for 2 deal. Tell you after the 12th how the room is, but it's a 2 room, 4 single bed apartment that is "bike" friendly (I'm told). Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  7. Yarrahappinni

Next Giant Reign model

Look at the 2017 Trance (140 rear 150 front travel) and add 20mm of travel to it. The 2017 Trance is a better pedaller and turner than previous incarnations and I don't see why Giant wouldn't make similar improvements to a Reign, which it needs. It's still a trail slug and it doesn't shine as a...
  8. Yarrahappinni

Replacing Rim on Trance 27.5 - noob questions

Bike24.com check out any DT Swiss rims. My TRX1 wheels got m512 rims. To swap rims, zip tie the cross over of the spokes so they stand up when you take the nipples off (get some new nipples) and it's a simple swap. I trued the wheel in the frame/fork using tyre levers as guides. Not perfect but...
  9. Yarrahappinni

Mt Borah Trailstar Gravity enduro Dec 3/4

What do you do when you have a world famous paragliding location? Put shuttles and bike tracks in. Welcome to Mt Borah Manilla (30min from Tamworth), 500m vert to play with, prizes, cash, cabins, camping, bar, pool, downhill trails, enduro trails, XC trails, shuttles, what else do you need...
  10. Yarrahappinni

Post your all mountain bike

2017 Trance 2 How far we have come, your garden variety Trance 2 is pretty well kitted out of the box. First few rides, bars and stem changed from 730mm & 70mm (stupid combination anyway) to 780 & 50mm, tyre change, a must. Rear end the stand out performer on the bike, pedals up hill like a...
  11. Yarrahappinni

NSW WTB: 27.5 downhill wheel set

Item: 650B/27.5" wheelset, 20x110mm front, 12x150mm rear, 6 bolt discs Location: Port Macquarie Item condition description: not fussy about brand of style (something that can handle downhill trails obviously), want to try 27.5 in my frame (currently running 26 and told they fit). Reason for...
  12. Yarrahappinni

Specialized 2017

Looks like the mountain evolution wheel needs some greasing, it's all getting slow. Haven't seen anything new for a few years now.
  13. Yarrahappinni

NSW rollercoaster series 2016

Yep, event centre based at 5 ways. You can park out in the forest or at the golf club if you prefer and ride to the 5 ways, its only a 5 minute ride up the trail.
  14. Yarrahappinni

No, green pathfinder and black Trance. Back out there this morning to finish marking, so the sharks can get some secret training.
  15. Yarrahappinni

That's not the trails (its the road near the 5 ways), checked the trails this afternoon and most have drained or draining nicely. By tomorrow afternoon they'll be getting tacky.