Recent content by Yorto

1. Y

Blue Mountains Riding?

If you can get a car, head out to Yellomundee. It is most likely the closest track to Richmond. http://www.trailflix.com.au/tfx_new/trails.php?id=yellowmundee
  2. Y

Jet black 29er wheelset.

Breaking strength tested to 300kgf What does this imply ? 300kg has been Forced down on the wheels ? How do they judge this ?:mmph:
  3. Y

29er full suspension...... for a big bloke.........

I have :( not big enough for these long legs. *Freak* Anthem is good bang for buck so to speak. I am currently on the XTC 29er XL which isn't the right size for me, I might be looking to sell that shortly.
  4. Y

At the moment it looks like I may be getting a Turner Sultan XXL XT build kit. I was looking at the Specialized Stumpjumper Expert FSR 29er but I have read so many mixed reviews about the brain, after speaking with numerous people who have had the 2011 and previous model of the brain it seems it...
  5. Y

Specialized SJ FSR Expert 29er with DT Swiss 520SL

I have been reading mixed reports about them, being a clyde at about 260-270 pound 198cm I have had troubles finding a full suspension 29er. I found a XXL 2011 Stumpjumper Expert FSR which I should be getting in the next few weeks (2012 stock has no decent XXL in it :(). So I am deciding to...
  6. Y

29er frame size compared to 26er frame sizes

Matt have you had any luck looking around ? I am in the same boat as you at 198cm and finding it hard to find a decent pre built 29er dually. I am currently waiting on the 2012 range to be released and will be taking things from there. The Specialized Stumpy FSR is what I have in mind.
  7. Y

Thanks for all the replies, I may just wait until the 2012 range is out and take things from there. I did notice that there is a 09 Turner Sultan on sale, but unsure if I want an older model frame. Once I know what I am doing and have some more options I will come back and update you all ;)...
  8. Y

Okay so I have been doing quite a lot of research and it has come down to two choices. Three choices if anyone wants to spot me some extra $$$ :P. Stumpjumper FSR Expert 29er http://www.specialized.com/au/gb/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?spid=52820&scid=1000&scname=Mountain HiFi Pro 29...
  9. Y

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Great review, I keep reading everywhere about this bike but I need to keep telling myself NO due to the biggest size 20.5" :(.... I am at the stage where I want a 29er full suspension and I may have to spend the extra $$$'s on a specialized or even more $$$'s on a Tallboy. For the price and...
  10. Y

First post!!! And help needed with a BIG decision

Have you received it yet ??? How much all up was it ?
  11. Y

MTB shoes - wide foot brands?

I have a pair of the Sidi Dominator Mega 51 and they fit like a charm, I am on the hunt for a new pair and I am going to give the new shimano Mo87g a go which also comes in a wide fit. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sidi-dominator-5-mega-lorica-2011/...
  12. Y

Roadies VS MTB'ers

So these tools have balls on their chests :D. Sure I wear a pair of nicks (They save your balls and ass) but under normal shorts, I still like to go places and not get the weird and odd looks because of the shoes (sidi mtb dominator) and shorts I wear.
  13. Y

helloooo.....helloooooooooooo......hellooooooooooo ooo................................

Hello hello.......... Well I have been out riding, clocked up over 400km on my Giant 29er mixed XC and road riding :S. Running tubeless although had to get a new rear tyre, another maxxis crossmark as I copped a nice sidewall tear from sharp rocks. This time I put tape around the rim with a...
  14. Y

Roadies VS MTB'ers

I ride a bit on the M7 cycle way to commute or for a bit of a ride on my 29er :). So many wanks there that ride together and hog the lanes and obviously do not care that anyone else is using the cycle way let alone someone on a mountain bike. I was close to running into this weekend warrior on...
  15. Y

gopro helmet cam case.

Go back to where you bought it from or email them and ask for a replacement. It is a current warranty issue.