Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Binaural

Eats Squid
They've made themselves look utterly spineless over something it's not even clear they have authority to do. Browder is a UK citizen; something tells me that British PM May might have something to say about handing him over to someone who's been killing political enemies in her country with military nerve agents. McFaul was covered by diplomatic immunity during the period he's allegedly committed these obviously fake crime. The spokesidiot Huckabee Sanders was obviously trying make sure she didn't say anything that would later turn out to contradict something Trump said in his little tete a tete with Putin.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Not sure how on the money I am here but by US law I believe you can only be charged with treason during a time of war, which must be declared.

These guys give a pretty good quick take on it (yes, one is a colleague so this is a little bit of a plug, but still, they are smart and know stuff) a 10 min podcast:

"The Helsinki-Head-scratcher"
https://www.policyforum.net/resource/helsinki-head-scratcher/

moorey

call me Mia
Agree

Agee with the he sentiment but unfortunately for all those calling for charges, the US DOJ works on legal definitions rather than dictionary.
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
Still sounds relevant to me.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Geeezzzz, poor Donald.

After the impending political car crash which seems like it has to happen one way or another, then will he get out with a nice ex-presidents pension and all the other perks?

He can play golf with the Bushes and I'm sure he will get along great with Bill Clinton as they both don't like Hillary and both don't mind the odd blow job from an intern or pr0n star.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner
Geeezzzz, poor Donald.

After the impending political car crash which seems like it has to happen one way or another, then will he get out with a nice ex-presidents pension and all the other perks?

He can play golf with the Bushes and I'm sure he will get along great with Bill Clinton as they both don't like Hillary and both don't mind the odd blow job from an intern or pr0n star.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
When he plays with his club and balls on the green does that mean he has the right to grab Barbara by the Bushes?

moorey

call me Mia
26E45A21-367C-4D7C-8CBA-04FD413F9F1A.jpeg
Hehe. Not panicking at all.
That said, don’t be fooled. His own legal team leaked the ‘protected’ recordings to minimize damage, control it’s release, and give Cohen one thing less to cut a deal for.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I follow him on Twitter and pay close attention to the identity wars going on. Really ugly and destructive stuff from both sides. It’s not about finding a solution but defeating the other. Putin, Xi and the Mullahs couldn’t be happier.

moorey

call me Mia
I follow him on Twitter and pay close attention to the identity wars going on. Really ugly and destructive stuff from both sides. It’s not about finding a solution but defeating the other. Putin, Xi and the Mullahs couldn’t be happier.
Because Twitter.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
How long can he go on like this?
He is defying gravity but the further out the bigger the fall.
Hopefully we will look back in 3 years and say that he just had the media mesmerised.
If this is the new normal, time to slash my wrists?