Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
It’s really only Fox in his lap...it’s just unfortunate they have the ear of so many people as their only news source.

moorey

call me Mia
Just awaiting the claims of Alzheimer’s I alluded to last year.
He’s a very unstable genie-ass.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
There is actually a possiblity that the Russians will back the Dems in the next election. Whilst it is true that they wanted a Trump victory over Clinton their #1 priority was to sow discord, chaos and create division. They back both sides - white supremecists and black lives matter - so the Dems supporters in the next elections will receive messages but they will be more about driving them further apart from the Reps supporters and creating doubt that either side is acting legally and ethically.

Secondly, what better way to sow discord than get a Dem elected and then spread material looking like they rigged the election..., or even colluded. How do you think the hard core, god-loving, gun-toting hard right of the Reps and MAGA would react to that?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
There is actually a possiblity that the Russians will back the Dems in the next election. Whilst it is true that they wanted a Trump victory over Clinton their #1 priority was to sow discord, chaos and create division. They back both sides - white supremecists and black lives matter - so the Dems supporters in the next elections will receive messages but they will be more about driving them further apart from the Reps supporters and creating doubt that either side is acting legally and ethically.

Secondly, what better way to sow discord than get a Dem elected and then spread material looking like they rigged the election..., or even colluded. How do you think the hard core, god-loving, gun-toting hard right of the Reps and MAGA would react to that?
I think the DNC would be very skeptical of any help that was offered that wasn't a 100% trusted source. The super pacs might be less cautious but in general the dem base tends be better educated and less interested in whacko consiracies.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I think the DNC would be very skeptical of any help that was offered that wasn't a 100% trusted source. The super pacs might be less cautious but in general the dem base tends be better educated and less interested in whacko consiracies.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Not so much that they will support the party directly but will use weaponised narratives and media manipulation as they did in 2016 and Ukraine to discredit, mobilise and direct voting bases. Then, they will frame the DNC as having cheated somehow.

That's not a hard and fast prediction but it would fit Russian MO and aims.

moorey

call me Mia
The majority of ‘Democrats’ are no more moral than Republicans, they are just more gutless and less ruthless, as a rule.
Until more progressives are elected into the Democratic party, nothing is really going to change. That is starting to happen, and is really the only silver lining I can see in the Drumf presidency.

Last edited:

Binaural

Eats Squid
I get the feeling this is more to frame a bipartisan approval of a registered voting system.
Which I feel the DEMS inherently don't want, because they pick up a lot of votes from padding out their numbers undocumented people anyway.
Oh, come on. No reputable source has found any significant evidence of undocumented immigrants voting in the USA. Even Kris Kobach, the guy Trump tasked with looking into this and the leading proponent of this crackpottery, did such a bad job at finding real evidence that his case was tossed and he was made to do remedial law classes by the judge.

https://www.propublica.org/article/kris-kobach-voter-fraud-kansas-trial

Binaural

Eats Squid
Fantastic, should have bipartisan support then!
I wish. Unfortunately, bipartisan support doesn't matter here, because running elections is the responsibility of the states under the constitution. All Americans _should_ have an interest in free and fair elections free of interference; in practice it depends on where you live. There's a huge amount of evidence of local chicanery, for example kicking voters off rolls if they didn't vote in the last election.

moorey

call me Mia
I get the feeling this is more to frame a bipartisan approval of a registered voting system.
Which I feel the DEMS inherently don't want, because they pick up a lot of votes from padding out their numbers undocumented people anyway.
If it boosts overall voting numbers, it will always benefit the Dems. The GOP’s have always tried to suppress voting, and have never made a secret of it.

moorey

call me Mia
Oh, come on. No reputable source has found any significant evidence of undocumented immigrants voting in the USA. Even Kris Kobach, the guy Trump tasked with looking into this and the leading proponent of this crackpottery, did such a bad job at finding real evidence that his case was tossed and he was made to do remedial law classes by the judge.

https://www.propublica.org/article/kris-kobach-voter-fraud-kansas-trial
There have been more GOP candidates caught voting twice, or running in seats they aren’t eligible than there has been members of the public found to be fraudulently voting for the Dems.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well..., in America anyway. Let's just forget about what happened in Congo, Iran, Argentina and a few other places during the Cold War.
Yeah but things are pretty free in Afghanistan and Iraq now...

Only as far back as the cold war? America has been a force for global stability, not good.
If we are going to live in the past, is now a good time to mention Hawaii?