The fancy banshee

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Looks amazing with the fox orange

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Cheers.

Driveway test feels amazing. Keen to hit the youies on it tomorrow. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the Fox QR axle. I'll order the Oneup replacement.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Got to admit, when I first saw this colourway, my reaction was "nope...", but I reckon it actually looks really good now it's complete. Something about that green looks at home in our native bush.

Techy question - how do find the initial pad contact (gentle or agressive?) and overall modulation of the Maguras? (Mostly interested in the 4-pots on the front)

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Got to admit, when I first saw this colourway, my reaction was "nope...", but I reckon it actually looks really good now it's complete.
I was exactly the same, it has turned out really nice.

Also, compliments on the brake choice, MT5's are awesome.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Got to admit, when I first saw this colourway, my reaction was "nope...", but I reckon it actually looks really good now it's complete. Something about that green looks at home in our native bush.

Techy question - how do find the initial pad contact (gentle or agressive?) and overall modulation of the Maguras? (Mostly interested in the 4-pots on the front)
Cheers.

Brakes are awesome, heap of power with not much effort but also super easy to modulate.
I was exactly the same, it has turned out really nice.

Also, compliments on the brake choice, MT5's are awesome.
Love them, but this is getting formula cura 4, because something different.

The MT trails will find their way to the phantom to rid it of its god awful guide R.

beeb

Brakes are awesome, heap of power with not much effort but also super easy to modulate. Love them, but this is getting formula cura 4, because something different.
When you say "heap of power with not much effort", is that meaning Shimano-esque initial pad contact bite? Or softer initial bite and then easy to get good power early in the travel? Online reviews are really conflicting, so any extra detail is appreciated!

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
When you say "heap of power with not much effort", is that meaning Shimano-esque initial pad contact bite? Or softer initial bite and then easy to get good power early in the travel? Online reviews are really conflicting, so any extra detail is appreciated!
Definitely not shimano like. They have a soft initial bite, and the power really ramps the more you pull. It's a really predictable and confident feel.

beeb

Definitely not shimano like. They have a soft initial bite, and the power really ramps the more you pull. It's a really predictable and confident feel.
Very cool - thanks!

I love the feel of my Hopes (E4's), but I want/need quite a bit more power deeper in the lever stroke (and to get away from DOT fluid if possible) so have been looking at various options. Will give them a fresh bleed before jumping ship though. Ta again.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Cheers.

Brakes are awesome, heap of power with not much effort but also super easy to modulate. Love them, but this is getting formula cura 4, because something different.

The MT trails will find their way to the phantom to rid it of its god awful guide R.

I'd like to try the Cura 4's as I still have a few sets of RO's and they are also fantastic brakes, but without how good MT5's are, I just can't justify the cost to satisfy nothing more than curiosity. MT5's feel to me closest to Hopes at the lever, but with a firmer feel, they have a nice progression to them.

Having run MT5's now for more than 2 years, after market sintered pads, or the MT7 performance pads make a notice difference in power.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Very cool - thanks!

I love the feel of my Hopes (E4's), but I want/need quite a bit more power deeper in the lever stroke (and to get away from DOT fluid if possible) so have been looking at various options. Will give them a fresh bleed before jumping ship though. Ta again.
Get some Uberbike finned race matrix pads before changing brakes. They are exceptionally powerful and have very good heat management.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Get some Uberbike finned race matrix pads before changing brakes. They are exceptionally powerful and have very good heat management.

I'm currently on their sintered ones on my V4s ... have you used sintered and how do they compare? Also how do you find them in the wet?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm currently on their sintered ones on my V4s ... have you used sintered and how do they compare? Also how do you find them in the wet?
I haven't used Uberbike sintered but I've used Shimano, EBC, Goodridge, Nukeproof sintered and the race matrix pads are better, although only marginally better than the EBC and Goodridge.

They do wear quicker than sintered pads in the wet but otherwise perform the same as in the dry.

beeb

Keen to hear your brake comparisons. Any change in particular you're looking for compared to the Maguras?

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Keen to hear your brake comparisons. Any change in particular you're looking for compared to the Maguras?
Touch more power, on long descents I have cooked the MT4 rear. Plus additional bling.

I would have left the magura, however the phantom needed brakes (had sram guide r) and I thought it better to have the magura on that and get something fancy for this.