What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't do AirBNB, people suck.
A conversation from the past...
"Why don't you do air bnb?"

Because commercial accommodation providers are held to account against standards.

Not to mention that they have been through a convoluted approval process and people who are moving in next door know what they are in for. It's not the people that sick, it's the greed.

Actually reminds me of a conversation from today.

"Why don't you just get an uber there?"

Ummm...because I don't believe my convenience is more important than paying people a fair wage. Uber and their competitors take advantage of vulnerable people and exploit them.

"At least they have a job..."

Fuck me people.

stirk

Burner
Yep. Basin used to flow out to the north, up near the tip of green. But the recent storms put paid to that.
This is a Google Earth image of NSW Harrington now.

Before big floods there was a deep wide channel right along the sea wall marked in my poodle style squiggly line. The beach ran close to the sea wall.

Floods pushed all the sand into the sea wall and what you see now and the river bar moved by a few hundred meters and became quite impassable for a while.

It was an enormous transformation of this area and it changes every year.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Gazebo finished. Hose pipe relocated, gpo relocated and power run for lights. Remote switching to come. Oh and tools to be put away. Need to work out what to do on the top, probably a potable safe paint job. And finish painting the timber bits.

Firepit beckons.
I think you should turn it into a merry-go-round.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@stirks red line used to be a great fishing spot. Flathead, jew, whiting, bream, tailor and plenty of pests. It looks so different to the last time I was there.

The harbour here is interesting. Before being converted into the modern harbour there was a wide tidal estuary. Now it is constantly being dredged, and there is a wide spread belief that the dredging is having a negative effect on the fish stocks.

In answer to your question @Flow-Rider if I was fishing a sand spit like hifi now as I'd be expecting flathead whiting and bream. In my experience this time of year is not usually great for that type of fishing though down here. My preference is to fish rock and beach this side of April until mid October. And I generally transition from night to day.

Flow-Rider

Burner
@stirks red line used to be a great fishing spot. Flathead, jew, whiting, bream, tailor and plenty of pests. It looks so different to the last time I was there.

The harbour here is interesting. Before being converted into the modern harbour there was a wide tidal estuary. Now it is constantly being dredged, and there is a wide spread belief that the dredging is having a negative effect on the fish stocks.

In answer to your question @Flow-Rider if I was fishing a sand spit like hifi now as I'd be expecting flathead whiting and bream. In my experience this time of year is not usually great for that type of fishing though down here. My preference is to fish rock and beach this side of April until mid October. And I generally transition from night to day.
I've given it a shot here a few times but only small Bream and Dart, I watched other people try and figured someone must do well out of them but none of them caught much more than what I did. Bream season has just started for us up here, Taylor is working it's way from Ballina to breed on Fraser island but haven't seen many in large numbers either.

Some people reckon dredging is good for whiting as it stirs all the feed in the water for them, but I'd been fishing an inland bay here for a few years and the local mp decided to have speedboat races, they dredged it every year for the races and the fish dropped off substantially.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'd imagine they're dredging some pretty whack industrial waste shit up from the harbour here. The dredge dumps it just outside the harbour. It looks real nasty.