COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia
Right now I don't know if I'm working beyond Wednesday, but reading through the stuff suggests there are ways of keeping things going without filthy annoying customers coming into the shop.
In the first round of shutdowns, my LBS had both a pickup and return service, and a drop off/collection spot with contactless sales. All the best Duck, and if things slow down, hopefully the shop is able to support you.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Not being an arse, so any opinion that challenges your preconceived opinions is invalid? I am making a concerted effort to read as widely as possible, even people I can’t fking stand like that Adam grim reaper Creighton cnt.. No point living in an echo chamber, reading the fairfax/guardian/abc eveyday is just confirmation bias.. as long as you don’t choke on all the woke shit..
Don’t be so open minded that your brains fall out...

But you were doing sorta ok for a second there until the woke comment. RWNJs really have a thing about that, it’s hilariously triggering.

teK--

Eats Squid
Super pumped that I spent Sunday planting trees and doing home maintenance. Missed getting out for a ride and the announcement of the 5km limit until it was too late to go. Think i'll go huck some stair later in the week :rolleyes:
Stairs are closed too I heard ...

No srsly I was going to go to the local primary school to do a bit of urban dh , but was then reminded all schools are closed :(

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I checked the 5km radius map last night and I can get to Hans loop from my place, but only ride 1/2 of it. I'll count myself unlucky if I get fined for riding a trail that crosses the boundary.
Plenty of people are stuck not being able to ride anything though, so I'm fairly fortunate. One of my staff lives at Mt Evelyn and can ride everything at Silvan while in Stage 4, lucky bastard.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don’t be so open minded that your brains fall out...

But you were doing sorta ok for a second there until the woke comment. RWNJs really have a thing about that, it’s hilariously triggering.
Woke was aimed at the Guardian not the others. The Guardian is the polar opposite of the Herald sun in my books. I can’t stand either ends of the extreme..

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I watched about 7 minutes of the bit in question.

It's summer in the USA and it's rampant there, which doesn't fit the seasonal theory.

His care homes example that lockdown was related to the rate of death in them - old people, this disease kills old people, those old people generally don't leave their care homes anyway so how does that stack up?

I didn't get the same message from what they were saying as @Kerplunk that this could just be a nasty seasonal virus, more that there are seasonal effects, and some speculation about how they might play out.

The science I've heard already said there would be seasonal effects as per any coronavirus. It says we will continue to have people getting sick and dying until we have a vaccine. Any speculation otherwise is just speculation.

I also heard on the radio this morning over 1000 people have committed suicide since the pandmic started in Australia which is much more than the coronavirus deaths, however I did not hear how much higher that was compared to the same period in past years, but it makes sense that it would be because there is evidence from past unemployment events that support it.