COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ill give it a go. but there are experts in pandemic response involved around the world, including australia - such people exist.
They are providing insights into what is going on in countries where the pandemic first wave has gone through and what they have learnt. It’s really interesting stuff, the mask debate at the start is a bit boring but from 9mins on the explore why the suppression strategy doesn’t work..

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Experience makes you experience, not an expert.
I’ve had a lot or riding experience.
That said, I haven’t watched it and aren’t necessarily disagreeing with you.
Give it a watch before making judgement mate. A lot of the right winger arguments are put to these guys and they shoot them down..

moorey

call me Mia
Give it a watch before making judgement mate. A lot of the right winger arguments are put to these guys and they shoot them down..
I wasn’t talking about the video...as my subliminal text stated. Was taking about the statement that @hifiandmtb made, being a stirrer.
I honestly can’t take any new information or opinions about Covid, particularly from sources I’m not familiar with. My brain is fried, full, and foggy with it all.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I started watching the video from about the 10 minute mark. Lost interest when the "it could be seasonal" stuff came out and the suggestion that the Victorian outbreak is due to it being winter here. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one.
Not being an arse, so any opinion that challenges your preconceived opinions is invalid? I am making a concerted effort to read as widely as possible, even people I can’t fking stand like that Adam grim reaper Creighton cnt.. No point living in an echo chamber, reading the fairfax/guardian/abc eveyday is just confirmation bias.. as long as you don’t choke on all the woke shit..

moorey

call me Mia
Not being an arse, so any opinion that challenges your preconceived opinions is invalid? I am making a concerted effort to read as widely as possible, even people I can’t fking stand like that Adam grim reaper Creighton cnt.. No point living in an echo chamber, reading the fairfax/guardian/abc eveyday is just confirmation bias.. as long as you don’t choke on all the woke shit..
You're generally pretty considered and rational about this issue. Less so lately. You doing ok man?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I think we are getting sick of the place we are in right now!
Yep, it’s getting pretty hard to stay positive and pragmatic with rolling lockdowns and escalating restriction.

The constant hammering of media hot takes sure doesn’t help and the temptation to analyse and counter-analyse the shit out of everything despite being powerless to change the situation only makes it harder.

Don’t y’all forget to take some time out and ride bikes and read stuff that has absolutely zero to do with the state of the world because that shit sucks.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Shoot me some links to their peer reviewed stuff in reputable medical journals? Opinion is irrelevant in a medical science setting, only evidence matters. Science, by design, generally doesn't have echo chambers.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shoot me some links to their peer reviewed stuff in reputable medical journals? Opinion is irrelevant in a medical science setting, only evidence matters. Science, by design, generally doesn't have echo chambers.
You won’t even consider comsuming a news source you don’t automatically agree with so why would I bother? You will probably just ignore it..

Last edited: