The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That’s why Jebus invented switchbacks.
He doth giveth...and taketh away. A long time ago some of my trails were converted to xc climbs. I remember bombing down one and not being able to understand why the corners didn't have berms! Obviously I have worked that out now.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Brake levers
The servo wave in my SLX lever shit itself today. Is there a good lever assembly to upgrade to that won't fall to bits like the SLX?

moorey

call me Mia
The company doing the major roadworks on the Highway near my place has a penchant for hiring attractive young ladies for traffic control. There was a 3 car pile up in a single lane 40kph section this morning, all P plate tradies in utes, right in front of one of said ladies.
Is there a correlation?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The company doing the major roadworks on the Highway near my place has a penchant for hiring attractive young ladies for traffic control. There was a 3 car pile up in a single lane 40kph section this morning, all P plate tradies in utes, right in front of one of said ladies.
Is there a correlation?
That’s one way to get people to slow down.

moorey

call me Mia
Only step up is XTR, because XT use exactly the same bits as SLX.
Would you call it a step up or a side step? Aside from an XTR shifter, I’m yet to experience any improvements in XTR other than weight. I’ll venture to say that for the average punter, XTR has more drawbacks than XT.
*Not talking about this brake issue. Never used m9000, and never had this issue with my numerous sets of m8000.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Would you call it a step up or a side step? Aside from an XTR shifter, I’m yet to experience any improvements in XTR other than weight. I’ll venture to say that for the average punter, XTR has more drawbacks than XT.
*Not talking about this brake issue. Never used m9000, and never had this issue with my numerous sets of m8000.
Yes

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Step up in materials. For a given caliper configuration, XTR Trail levers produce the same power as XT/SLX/Saint/Zee/Deore, Race levers slightly less.

moorey

call me Mia
Step up in materials. For a given caliper configuration, XTR Trail levers produce the same power as XT/SLX/Saint/Zee/Deore, Race levers slightly less.
More reliable though? Serious Q. Given there's probably 100+ sets of SLX and XT sold for every XTR, you're bound to see more issues.