What does your day look like?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Yeah, I hate it when that happens.

NFI what you are on about
Quickbooks allows you to synchronise your expenses directly from your bank feeds so you can correctly account for them (capital purchases, expenses, wages etc). Except for PayPal which breaks if someone pays you in a foreign currency. No warning at all.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Long one...

Was in work today, walking around the plant, a bird flies out from under a concrete plinth right beside me, a bit uncouth in flight and I immediately recognised it as a Kestrel.
I followed it around the corner and see its landed on the side of a large fan casing.
Its let me walk up to it without flying away and take some pictures... definitey not in good shape as we know from riding bike amongst nature, a Kestrel will not hang about, so I have officially reported this as I initially thought it has oil, grease, tar, glue or some kind of fluid stopping it doing its falcon thing.

I kept an eye on it every so often whilst the wheels of industry reporting and action turned slowly. 3hrs later it is still in this same spot

Right beside my place we have the AMWRRO HQ, Australia Marine Wildlife Rescue and Research Organisation. They were contacted and I was asked to drive over and see them.

Due to issues getting on site with Covid protocols still in place, I was asked if I could retrieve the bird. I was Issued with a net, an animal carrier crate and a pair of talon proof gloves. They warned me that falcons do not use their beak as a weapon but their talons are very dangerous. Was also warned that its talons may grab or be tangled in the net.

Poor little bugger nearly jumped into the net for me, a little bit flustered but I was able to grab him out of the net (had a nibble at the glove) and into the crate with zero hassle or entanglement.

Now safely in the hands of AMWRRO, they will clean it up, medicate it, feed it and whatever else is needed to try and get it back in the air.

The substance on his wing was dried blood and he had a decent injury to his wing.

All in, a good deed done for wildlife today... even with the birdman jokes that have steadily streamed in all day.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Amongst other things, commenced fixing the stairs down the side of the house. They look crap but are in excellent condition as they are hardwood & the only rot is where the previous muppet decided to bury the ends in the dirt. So they've commenced sliding down the hill.

Once I've belt-sanded the treads & painted the lot they'll look beaut.

Anyway, dug some post holes up top & worked out I can secure the bottom of the stringers off the ground mounted to an existing concrete step. Needed some mounting brackets & it's council cleanup weekend so strolled the streets looking for something suitable.

Check out my find!

Serious bits of kit but perfect. Reckon they are armco-related?