Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Draw a map of the conduits path, laminate and attach at both DB's. The next home owner will appreciate the help
When I built my current place I took lots and lots of photos and measurements even though I drew the plans. Got caught at the last place, dug a hole for the pergola in a spot that was virgin ground... straight through the grey water line, next hole was through the black. Both were more than 2m out of position because the plumber was a dozy prick. He fixed it that same day. Then sent me an invoice. I sent him a claim for costs. My time is very expensive. I received a follow up invoice for $0.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
When I built my current place I took lots and lots of photos and measurements even though I drew the plans. Got caught at the last place, dug a hole for the pergola in a spot that was virgin ground... straight through the grey water line, next hole was through the black. Both were more than 2m out of position because the plumber was a dozy prick. He fixed it that same day. Then sent me an invoice. I sent him a claim for costs. My time is very expensive. I received a follow up invoice for $0.
fuck plumbers..they bury all their mistakes!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
were you thinking of the hard plastic roll that goes over high voltage services that looks like garden edging?
No I was actually thinking of the tape! The word tape totally escaped me..

I had to lay it when our electric gate was installed. I covered the conduit, backfilled a bit then laid the tape, then backfilled the rest.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Windows are door are now in. Knee bracing is temporary.

Roof and walls hopefully done this week.

Still a few things to do:

• get a trench dug to run the storm water to water tank (the tank is behind the shed down the hill).
  • another trench dug for drainage from the new/widened driveway.
  • get concreters back to pour new driveway.
  • organise quotes to get the floor done in epoxy.
  • have my electrician wire the place up and fit out with lights/powerpoints.

MasterOfReality

After forever
No water/toilet. We are on septic, and its located about 50 m away around the corner on the other side of a retaining wall. Gives me high blood pressure just thinking about the logistics of making that work!

MasterOfReality

After forever
That was quick! Would look good with a vintage GT.
As in car or bike? ;)

Gosh , that is a nice shed !
my old shitter is very jealous hahaha
Thanks, the idea has been floating around in my head since 2017 but then got kicked into gear when we got hammered by hail and had nowhere to park the car that lives outside.

Nice mancave @MasterOfReality, a bit of cash spent there.

The insulation will be a great investment.
Yeah its adding up pretty quick. Town planner, council fees, the kit, earthworks, slab, erect, insurance and running electrical to shed comes in just under $46k. Then another $16k for the driveway and basic landscaping, need to get someone in to dig trenches for drainage and my electrician is yet to quote me on the shed electrical fit out.

If I get away with it for under $70k I'll be surprised.

Will get a four post hoist at some point in the future - our old ducted aircon just shit the bed and that is coming back at $15k :oops:

I posted in this thread back in 2011 about a 6 x 9 shed I had in my previous place. That didn't have insulation and was basically unusable in summer!

MasterOfReality

After forever
Storm water plumbing and electrical done. Waiting for driveway and epoxy flooring (have booked a guy in to do polyaspartic with flake finish) and then can call it complete.

Electrician done a top job, I asked him to make it like turning on the sun in the shed. He delivered.

3 phase power
10 x 40W LED battens
8 x double GPOs
External lights on timer
All conduit hidden where possible