Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

Minlak

custom titis
Always the 10mm ?

Funny , I did stuff in the garage today - I have shit - but organised shit .
Found a spanner set ... all there from 6mm to 20mm
except the 10mm
my off sider laughs at me cos I still buy 10mm sockets and spanners !
Always the 10mm

Long story but huge expensive argument with Holden about my daughters car - after it’s fixed get it home open the bonnet and boom!! 10mm spanner in there - felt like I had the win after all

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
We had a turbine fitter, ex Parsons, who did the neatest wire binding I have ever seen. Just as quick as anyone but a real work of art. No pics sadly.

Last edited:

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
3 years ago we moved back into our place after a fixer upper build. Council BS meant we ended up with a carport at the last minute rather than the original plan. I’ve been faffing about trying to turn a carport into a garage ever since. Tried to maximise space by taking everything to the boundaries while every adjoining fence was crooked af. Whole lotta frustration at times but it’s weather tight now. Given the time I’ve had at home recently I think it might actually be done. Single front terrace so no grand designs here.

Ain’t no handyman, but framework, windows, shelving, door, concrete sheeting by me, got someone in to do the cladding and screen.

BB15F32F-82B7-4EF1-A22C-45F85F1C2929.jpeg
A39105EC-4CF7-4A74-A8CC-7CFA798CE7AF.jpeg

728401F5-B074-49FF-98E6-4DCC121EE2F7.jpeg

Left space for an extra Steadyrack at the end of the row because…
92D821B2-57C4-4767-BCF6-88D30BA99918.jpeg

Some of my favourite trinkets…
99713AFA-ADDB-4730-BFD3-D02E7A0F8BB8.jpeg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Thats an oldie.

Had about 6 of those Sparkles already tonight, transferred to the Paleys as you dont get too far on Sparkling all night... few more to go before the RedBull Hardline qualifying.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats an oldie.

Had about 6 of those Sparkles already tonight, transferred to the Paleys as you dont get too far on Sparkling all night... few more to go before the RedBull Hardline qualifying.
Last of the pickaxe ring pulls.

Agreed, the reds need to be treated with respect

MasterOfReality

After forever
I really dislike jack stands which I currently use. I think there are other options that gets the wheels off the ground that I'll need to look in to.

Pit could be an idea, will be a bastard to excavate though - I live on a ridge, very little topsoil/tertiary cover before you hit 25 - 50 MPa rock. Neighbour tried to dig a trench for his shed electrical and gave up within 10 minutes. Came back with a jack hammer and was there for days. He probably grabbed the smallest cheapest one he could get.
Went through all the shed design stuff, council and its all approved. Building outside the envelope was a pita to sort but eventually got there.

Site gets prepped Wednesday and slab poured on Thursday.

After the shed goes up, then we are widening the driveway and concreting an area in front of the shed for access and additional parking. Approx 110 sqm of exposed aggregate.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice !
Also , I like the ‘ expansion envelope ‘ around the shed for future projects, can never have a shed ‘too big ‘

Calvin27

Eats Squid
pretty jealous. I wish I had the land and space for a sick shed like that. Any height restrictions? I always liked those US bstyle one and a half floor barns.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's the current hotness in bike workshop stands?
We've just purchased our 'forever' house and now I get to build the shed and workshop that I've always wanted (massive). I'm going to build a separate bike room so that there is no cross over between wood work, race cars and bikes. I don't want a floor mounted stand and am considering a folding ceiling mount, so I'm really just looking for the clamp I suppose.
Is it just the Park Tool stuff or is there something else I should be looking at? I have to admit to being a Park Tool hater, the tools that I have from them are poor quality for the price; particularly when compared to automotive tools.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Nice !
Also , I like the ‘ expansion envelope ‘ around the shed for future projects, can never have a shed ‘too big ‘
I have kept a reasonable amount of space between me and my neighbour to maintain good relations.

This one is going to be 6 m wide x 12 m long single skillion. Have had the corner (approx 3.5 x 5.5) done at 150 mm 25 MPa concrete as I'm purchasing a 4 post hoist. Car on top, box trailer underneath. Doubles the usable space just about.

Didn't bother boxing to height? Going to be a lot of work to pour.
Not sure to be honest, I'll let them do their thing. The sides at the rear are going to be quite tall as the land drops away. When I get my driveway poured they are coming back to render the exposed walls to make it look smick.

pretty jealous. I wish I had the land and space for a sick shed like that. Any height restrictions? I always liked those US bstyle one and a half floor barns.
No height restrictions as far as I'm aware of. We went for 3 m on the low side and its around 4.2 on the high side, with the skillion pitch to match the house. I think any higher will look out of place.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
We've just purchased our 'forever' house and now I get to build the shed and workshop that I've always wanted (massive). I'm going to build a separate bike room so that there is no cross over between wood work, race cars and bikes. I don't want a floor mounted stand and am considering a folding ceiling mount, so I'm really just looking for the clamp I suppose.
Is it just the Park Tool stuff or is there something else I should be looking at? I have to admit to being a Park Tool hater, the tools that I have from them are poor quality for the price; particularly when compared to automotive tools.
Icetoolz make some really excellent stands for the price. My foldup one is 15 years strong and will probably be passed on to my kids.

https://www.icetoolz.eu/en/icetoolz/display-storage/repair-stands

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I agree with you re: park tools stuff. Usually poorly made Allen key with a premium price. Same goes for a few of the stands. But the absolute best workshop stands are the Park deluxe series clamps. Wall or bench mounted and it’ll be the last stand you’ll buy.