Little Things You Hate

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Happened to me on the ENR...passing a pair of 'husky' ebikers.....
'What ebike is that. mate?
How rude.
Like asking a woman if she's pregnant...

He was a bit surprised my high pivot thoroughbred was not actually an electronic slug and got a bit justificatey, saying he was going to get one when he could as he didn't like pushing his heart rate up at his age. Thing is though, he would've been 10 years older than me tops (unless he's aging very well) and looked fit and healthy.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
He was a bit surprised my high pivot thoroughbred was not actually an electronic slug and got a bit justificatey, saying he was going to get one when he could as he didn't like pushing his heart rate up at his age. Thing is though, he would've been 10 years older than me tops (unless he's aging very well) and looked fit and healthy.
Funny, Flow MTB posted an insta story the other week where they were testing the new Levo SL, seeing how many laps they could do before it ran out of battery. They got ~27km and ~1200m climbing before it died... So it had a range roughly equal to a pair of legs and a bowl of muesli. A triumph of technology indeed.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Funny, Flow MTB posted an insta story the other week where they were testing the new Levo SL, seeing how many laps they could do before it ran out of battery. They got ~27km and ~1200m climbing before it died... So it had a range roughly equal to a pair of legs and a bowl of muesli. A triumph of technology indeed.
Maybe i can be generous and assume all those e bikes getting off the shuttle at Stromlo had flat batteries....

moorey

call me Mia
Maybe i can be generous and assume all those e bikes getting off the shuttle at Stromlo had flat batteries....
I did a local loop with a mate yesterday. Great rider kicks my arse at DH, but rides and races an Eeee everywhere else.
He said he'd ride on eco yesterday, to even it up, and that eco is about the same as pedalling an acoustic bike. Loop is only about 32km with 700m climbing, but tight bush trails that ride a lot tougher than they sound.
Queue his ebike dying with 10km to go, but near my house, so we limped back here and I lent him a bike to get back into town where we started from.
I swear it took us 40 minutes to do the 7km back, which is mainly flat or down, but has a couple of fairly gently longer climbs. He was in lowest gear, barely moving, and struggling to make it at all.

I'm not saying I was smirking and ribbing him a fair bit......but I was smirking and ribbing him a fair bit.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Hehe...I had a dude trying to convince me his Turbo Levo SL with standard battery did the Buller Epic plus more (60km with 3500m) and only used 20% of his battery. I spat out my mouthful of coffee.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as he didn't like pushing his heart rate up at his age
That sounds like bull. I started riding bikes, very small ones, at age 7. I will be 63 next birthday. I try to ride at threshold as much as I can. Even red line when possible. He must have a (most likely self diagnosed) heart condition. Mind you though my wife can ride with me, er, ah, in front of me on the foot hills of Mt Wellington for an hour and ride 30% of in the red. Note to self: don't ride with ex middle distance runners turned cyclists.