Bargain buys thread

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know anything about Clarks brakes? Merlin has two 4-pot options for what seems to be very competitive prices:

(look a bit Hope-esque, $307 for both ends including rotors)

(SLX/XT wannabes for $163, again both ends including rotors)
I Recall they may be a branded version of an Ali express set?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Thought so - buy cheap, don't stop...

Got plenty of brakes lying around anyway, don't need any more.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Anyone know anything about Clarks brakes? Merlin has two 4-pot options for what seems to be very competitive prices:

(look a bit Hope-esque, $307 for both ends including rotors)

(SLX/XT wannabes for $163, again both ends including rotors)
Here’s my review of the: https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/pro-e4-brakes.321971/

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Someone might be interested in a 2nd hand Merida e160 700 in size large for $5k. It's only done 100km - practically brand new.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Schwalbe Magic Mary and Big Betty both in Super Trail casing and Soft compound - only €19.90 ex VAT at Bike-Components!

That's $32 a tyre :eek:

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Hi, Now that chain reaction is gone then what sites are people using to get reasonable price parts? (Ze Germans I assume, but which one, it's been a while since I ordered from them). I'm looking at rims and hubs for wheelbuilding dt swiss, hope etc. Cannot believe how much the dt swiss rims are locally...

cammas

Seamstress
this looks like a good build if any has a teenager after a bike or if you are on the shorter side

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Any dentists here got a lazy $400,000 hanging around then you might want to consider this Sata Cruz.

Someone with arsebook needs to message him that you can go to $390.00 but no higher.

Hools

Likes Dirt