Electric Vehicles etc

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
If you aren't out for race car like performance, a well designed hub motor won't be all that much heavier than some of the ridiculously big wheels that are coming on some cars nowadays.
Was admiring my brother's new Model Y last week and politely enquired how much a set of tyres for its sizey 21 inch rims were going to come in for, at which point he changed the subject for some reason.

EDIT: holy f*** just looked it up myself - set of 275/35 21 inch performance tyres = emotional damage inbound

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Was admiring my brother's new Model Y last week and politely enquired how much a set of tyres for its sizey 21 inch rims were going to come in for, at which point he changed the subject for some reason.
The point was passed quite some years back where the size of the wheel negates the savings on tyre size due to side wall height. All you end up with is tyres with stupid low profiles that smash rims just looking at a pothole and give a harsh ride to boot.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

EDIT: holy f*** just looked it up myself - set of 275/35 21 inch performance tyres = emotional damage inbound
Comforser has got your back...

PJO

in me vL comy

Fashion is expensive.
Besides you're saving $$ on cheaper running costs aren't you?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub