Search results

1. Sekt

Trail advocacy, share you wisdom!

A thread for the unsung heroes of the mountain bike scene, those actively advocating for improving their trail networks! I know there are lots of people out there doing great things for their local scene, but I can't seem to find a central discussion point for it, so here we go. I'm curious if...
  2. Sekt

MTBA Trail Guidelines

Hi all, Interested in some thoughts and discussion on the "Level of Trail Exposure" mandatory criteria that is part of MTBA's Trail Difficulty Rating System (conveniently found in PDF format here). These are considered the new standard for trail building in Australia, but the exposure criteria...
  3. Sekt

47km of new trail proposed in Hobart

I've posted this in the User News forum but I don't think it gets the attention it deserves, so apologies if a cross-post is deemed inappropriate. Details on the City of Hobart's new MTB network proposal which is open for feedback (go!): After an extensive engagement with key stakeholders and...
  4. Sekt

Riding the Mountain: 47km of new trails proposed for Hobart

After an extensive engagement with key stakeholders and the community, the City of Hobart is now proud to present Riding the Mountain: Proposed Mountain Bike Network. The City of Hobart has developed a plan for 47 km of new mountain bike tracks on kunanyi / Mount Wellington that identifies the...
  5. Sekt

SOLD - Avid Elixir CR + Rotors - BRAND NEW $250

Sold. You snooze, you lose!
  6. Sekt

SOLD - Thomson Stem X2 70mm $50

Item sold.
  7. Sekt

Greater Hobart MTB Master Plan - Open for public response

Hey folks, Something mostly relevant for Tassie riders, but others may find it of interest as well. The draft of the Greater Hobart Mountain Bike Master Plan has been released for public comment. The plan will be the guiding document for future development of MTB in Hobart, so it's pretty...
  8. Sekt

Sold!

Selling the wheels off a new build kit. I literally pulled them out of the box yesterday. Brand new, never ridden. Built by the lads at Santa Cruz (who hate badly built wheels). They're currently set up for a 15mm QR axle, but I'll happily convert them to 20mm if required (no charge)...
  9. Sekt

Alleycat Race! - Hobart

Bring ya mates!
  10. Sekt

Campy Record rear hub width

Can you get campy rear hubs (screw on cluster) in a 125mm spacing? I picked up an old road bike the other day and the read wheel is 130mm spacing stretched into 125mm (or 122mm?) spaced dropouts. Not really keen to keep running it like that, and I think if I pull out some spacers on the drive...
  11. Sekt

2008 Australian Singlespeed Nationals! - April 19-20

Hot damn, the 2008 Australian Singlespeed Nationals are getting loose in Tasmania! April 19 & 20 will see two days of bike riding, beer drinking, wild dancing and other rowdy antics hitting Hobart. The pre-race activities will include a BBQ and some sight-seeing riding around the streets and...
  12. Sekt

new-jack frame shape question

Howdy all, I'm new to this whole bike riding thing so bear with me! Basically I'm looking to buy an entry level MTB that I can commute to uni on as well as hit up some local trails. I've been looking at a few different bikes inlcuding the new Giant Alias, Specialized Rockhopper, Kona...