Campy Record rear hub width

Sekt

Likes Dirt
Can you get campy rear hubs (screw on cluster) in a 125mm spacing? I picked up an old road bike the other day and the read wheel is 130mm spacing stretched into 125mm (or 122mm?) spaced dropouts. Not really keen to keep running it like that, and I think if I pull out some spacers on the drive side to shift it over, the cluster is going to rub on the frame.

alexb618

Likes Dirt
you can get old super record hubs in weird spacing like 126 i think but finding all this and trying to service it etc would be a lot of hassle for a big step backwards

probably be better of having the frame cold set to 130mm so you can use basically any road hub you want. any decent mechanic with the right jigs can align it all so its not out of square.

Sekt

Likes Dirt
Yeah stretching the frame is no dramas, I guess that may have to be the solution.

bdstorer

Likes Dirt
Duuude this one time, a dude I know found a never ending box full of 'em at the tip shop for 20c each. We used to buy 'em, them an' sell 'em for profit so we could buy smack.

..but seriously, on www.fixed.org.au there is a thread called 'NOS shop on ebay' under the ebay listing.. These blokes stock all sorts of old school stuff.. also Talk with Ray, he can source bits an' pieces and try Rossi.. his dad Pete makes part for nix.. if you can't get one try him for a hook up..

(I'm looking fwd to seeing you in a full Team Astana kit drinking coffee outside Zum on a Sunday morning Mischa)

Last edited: