Search results

1. M

The Dollar Crisis

I think this is some of what I was seeing on the weekend.
  2. M

The Dollar Crisis

I have just been looking for a new bike. Something with a bit more travel to handle my increased weight. When looking I was informed by one bike shop attendant that prices had gone up with the dollar crisis. At the next store I noted that the sale price (ie dropped from their listed RRP) was...
  3. M

bike rack survey

Downhiller 1 I have a mate who is knocking out similar racks. He has just registered a doman name (RoscoMTB I think). He can make double racks including a bend in the main arm to avoid dragging, Hayman Reece fittings and a range of variations. They are great to use and the best system we...
  4. M

Commuting/Riding to Work

Come and live in a country town. 2k's to work but I have to contend with one set of traffic lights. I can cut accross the back paddock but I might get dew on the tyre walls. So I will stick with the car for now and ride the common (1km from home) when I get home.
  5. M

Sore neck/shoulders after longer rides

Anyone who stays in the one position too long is likely to get some discomfort. Try varying your hand position on the bars and stretching/moving your neck as you ride.
  6. M

New? Feel free to say g'day here.

Hi Joined years ago but have only just recently found the time to start posting. Trying to raise 4 kids, work long hours and do post grad uni so I will probably only be on occasionally. Ride to keep fit and now because I want to able to ride with my kids as they get older. In general I have...
  7. M

Free money!

Straight from the Gruen Transfer.... Nice....
  8. M

Free money!

Not getting a cent from this. Didn't get any baby bonus for any of the 4 kids. Didn't get any first home buyers grant. Must have been born, had kids or bought a house at all the wrong times. Still not sure how the handouts are going to get anyone employed. Nothing in it for small business...
  9. M

Stimulus Package

Fair enough. Can't spot them all as there are often too many threads to follow. Will try not to make the same mistake again.
  10. M

Stimulus Package

I can't believe the Federal Government is handing out 42 billions dollars and there is not a cent for Mountain Bikers. I have brought 2 bikes in the last 6 years both at about 2.5 grand and have spent nearly the same on each of them since. Plus all the travel, accessories etc. And I'm not...
  11. M

Poor Phelps... dude isn't even allowed to party

Yes, and you can brew your own grog no problems at all, even buy a still. And your right that no-one even smoked weed and went home and beat up their wife (at least not as often as with ETOH) but they did have to dodge the big green lizards on the road as they drove home. The facts are that...
  12. M

Want to know why your trading access application was denied?

And the other thing is that a lot of the particpants didn't even use the spell checker (even when the mistakes were glaring) or use word to copy and paste. Others enrolled in the course and didn't participate at all. I just wanted to know as much as I could. I wouldn't mind lecturing in the...
  13. M

Thanks. God status not required. Wouldn't mind betting that Richard Dawkins doesn't use txt talk.
  14. M

Ryan I am doing a Masters degree online through the University of Newcastle. Part of the marking come from an online discussion board. There are actually students in this course who think it is appropriate to type txt tlk when they are participating and being marked at Uni. My secretary...
  15. M

Techno Destructo Yes I did read your post. I know, as everyone has now pointed out, that Phelps is a role model for children (because our society and media say so) and that sporting figures are often bad choices for role models. There was a time when the public flocked to see scientists and...
  16. M

NSW Increased visitation to National parks: Have your say

Sammydog I ride in the upper hunter (mostly at Scone). I agree that the changes are going to be top down but I think it will take a lot of effort to force it through the ranks. Probably the changes will have to happen in the parks adjacent to the larger urban areas where there are greater...
  17. M

Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Norco 1 I'm impressed. Busting your arse training and staying active is great. Especially at 15 when plenty of kids just drop out. I've got a 14 year old son who rides every afternoon but I can't get him to train in the morning. Still the 6 hours sleep will do you in (suppose to be 8-10...
  18. M

Probably the best idea from Spanky Ham. Here's the thing. This bloke makes millions by telling you what you should buy for your kids to be healthy. It is cool for him to smoke pot but he should not pocket the money from selling the healthy lifestyle crap. Every day in my area I see people...
  19. M

Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Joel O Just brought and tried some Psyllium Husk for combining with untoasted muesli. It has 4.4 grams of dietary fibre per 5 gram serve. Fills you up well but goes through like a dose of the salts. Worth a try?
  20. M

NSW Increased visitation to National parks: Have your say

Hi All I spoke with the head/manager of National Parks in our area on a number of occasions. Completely stone walled me about any access or any consideration of access. Even if the NSW Government wanted more access there would still be issue of dealing with the people on the ground. In...