Search results

1. Gekigengar

Giant Yukon, it is almost there.

Geared on page 3 This be my Giant Yukon 04 ( i think ) This was my first every real mountain bike, disregarding the huffy. What can i say, i really do love this bike. It has real history for me. Taught me a lot about riding, fitness, foods, nutrition you name it. I would have to say...
  2. Gekigengar

What!? 740grams inc BB!!!

Anyone heard of these before?? Its lighter than the XTR's by a good 30 grams! Any info on them? good or bad? To me they look flexy.. VIPER XC Crankset New Truss structure design with lightness, stiffness and elegant Crank arm which is produced from billet aluminium, CNC'd, turned, and...
  3. Gekigengar

Headtube reaming and facing for headset installation

Hey. Quick question. Just recently i have aquired a oh so glorious Chris King headset to last me through the years. And i have taken out the old existing headset out ( got to be the hardest thing iv ever done on the bike) removed the race and everything. But now i get to the installing...
  4. Gekigengar

Using front caliper on back.

Ok guys i have searched no luck. Seeing as i am now in the market for new brakes but im on a tight budget, so i have resorted to buying newish 2nd hand stuff off farkin. Problem now is i cant seem to find a pair of brakes that is within my price range. And what i keep finding is people...
  5. Gekigengar

Reverse Garbage in Sydney

Hey guys maybe this would of been better in the fixie thread but anyway. Has anyone here heard of the "Reverse garbage" in sydney. Apparently its a place where its been described to be as" pretty much a non-profit organisation where people dump their old junk and others come and look around for...
  6. Gekigengar

The true meaning of lycra and hairless legs?

This may or may not put an end to this never ending debate (or discussion) about lycra and our smooth smooth skin:) SMH.-It's all about the legs
  7. Gekigengar

The fastest Human powered bicycle

Did a search .. I thought this might entertain a few of you farkiners. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V2FgwN_re4&mode=related&search= damn thats fast. no fuel needed either.:)
  8. Gekigengar

Cold mornings - Warm breakfasts. Suggestions?

Hey guys As everyone knows its bloody damn cold right now, and if its not bad enough already to get out of bed i find it hard to find a warm/hot nutritious breakfast with lts of energy for a morning ride. Normally i would like to keep it simple with a nice big bowl of cerceal usually weat...
  9. Gekigengar

The craziest toliets ever?

Not sure if its been posted before.. but its worth a look.. :D http://www.secretsites.de/joblog/?p=281
  10. Gekigengar

Look at what i found!! what should i do to it?

Hey guys guess what!!! its council clean up, I was on the bus going home and i spotted this!!! soo stoked!! i have been purposly looking for a bike like this for a while.. It was pretty much rideable just sitting there. I can just leave it as it is if i wanted to ( But obviously im not...
  11. Gekigengar

Pump tracks make them go angry?

Hey guys, Might be a silly question but. do pump tracks get demolished or bulldozed just the same as Dirt jumps and Dh tracks? DO these tracks piss the council off just as much? Cause i found this pretty much flat spot and was considering building my own pump track. I kinda like to...
  12. Gekigengar

XC Jerseys (tank top)

What? I am after pretty much any XC jersey preferably a tank top one. but just throw me some other ones if not. Willing to pay? I have no idea... er.. 5 bucks to... 30 ... basically for what its worth Where/? I live in sydney Additional info. I am in need of small sizes.. oh...
  13. Gekigengar

Is throwing fruit tossing?

Hey guys i was having a bit of a debate with a friend. Ok we both can agree that things like gels bars and their wrappings is definatly tossing so we can strongly agree to put it in out bags and take that with us.. But then it came to fruit. things like bannanna peels and nuts from...
  14. Gekigengar

Lowering the front end. What happends?

Hey guys I was just wondering what would happen if i lowered the front end of the bike. Im not talking about lowering the forks. But maybe take the spacers out of the headset. Or even flipping my stem upside down (Will that do damage?). Or maybe even get flatbars but im looking for an...
  15. Gekigengar

Will this tool fit?

Hey guys, I have a truvativ howitzer Bottom bracket. that i got off farkin. But due to the seller was inexperienced with bikes he got his LBS to remove it for him.. fair enough.. But it came in the post.. and it turns out that the bike shop obviously has very little experience with...
  16. Gekigengar

Is Alcohol a big no no?

Well.... people tell me that if you train your shouldnt drink because it screwes up your. recovery or somthing is this true... I was wondering because last night i only had 2 drinks.. it was nothing but today i went for my usual laps and... i scored a bit slower.... is this due...
  17. Gekigengar

What to look for in a Bottom Bracket?

Hey im just decided to take up a small project of mine and that is to revive my good old trusty Giant Youkon 04 model. But ther BB has been rooted over hard.... so i decided to take it out today and look around for a new bottom bracket and a new crankset for it.. and this is where i got...
  18. Gekigengar

Does changing Chain mean change cassette

Well during my last race i had quite a fall stood to evaluate the damages. and it turned out that i have a twisted chain. So Some guys helped me fix that up just by re-twisting it back to its orgiinal shape or somthing close.. well now the chain seems to be fine i still managed to do the...
  19. Gekigengar

How to bar spin?

hey guys i really want to know how to bar spin... i can spin the bar and topple over a bit and totally miss the bar completly on catching it... i then try to pinch the seat with my knees but then find it that it spins half way and then the front drops and i still miss catching it... what i...
  20. Gekigengar

What's this blue stuff that came with my bike?

Hey guys, WOOO my new bike came !.. well while i was assembling it there was this box full of goodies... bolts, cables, pedals etc. and there was also this little bottle. An inside is this really thick blue paste. What is it? On the bottle is says nothing but a healthwarning ( dont eat it...