Search results

1. cleeshoy

VIC Golden Triangle Epic 2015

cheers knuckles! Alive and kicking! :D
  2. cleeshoy

VIC Golden Triangle Epic 2015

Haven't posted in a while! Work and stuff getting in the way of browsing forums! Raced the 50km and had a blast. The track was in awesome condition, a few puddles here but the rain also made it grippy as hell so cornering was FUN! I did a 2:27 for the 50km which I was somewhat satisfied with...
  3. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

Let's just hope it doesn't rain before the event.
  4. cleeshoy

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Okies I'll try and revive the thread.... Question: Which famous artist designed the Chupa Chups Logo?
  5. cleeshoy

How come?

I agree the costs is pretty insane ($3000 for 10 months?!). I am guessing the majority of cost is the insurance? http://www.cycling.org.au/Portals/10/Membership/Int%20licenses/2015%20International%20Licence%20Application.pdf
  6. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

I'll take your word re: the arse cut out as I didn't look too closely :behindsofa: :-)
  7. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

Perhaps they do shift work so have the day free? Or they are just retired and don't have to work - They are a vets club after all. Speaking of that area being a beat, I was riding through the teardrop singletrack on Wednesday evening (during Hawthorn crits!) and I came across 2 beach chairs...
  8. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

I can only speculate the reason they don't have marshals there is they have no requirement to supply them. The singletrack is probably not deemed as "official" tracks (despite them existing for quite some time), so no need to "block" them with anything, etc. It was likely never a consideration...
  9. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

Did you you come to a complete stop? If its the entry/exit point I am thinking about (closest to the Monument), it's a pretty blind corner, hence the need for extra caution there. It shouldn't make a difference if they are racing or not. A guy doing a "hot lap" on a TT bike as part of a...
  10. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

Err - not sure how you are able to connect those portable toilets to the Eastern Vets racing at the teardrop Charlie......Now you are just sounding like an angry old man.
  11. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

I race crits (semi-regularly) on the teardrop there on Wednesday evenings, however if I am not racing I will most likely ride my mtb around that area, including the ST right through the middle. Even when there is racing on or not, if I am am riding out of the singletrack onto the road I will...
  12. cleeshoy

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Cityrail? Is anyone close to getting this?
  13. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

Yes the first part of the climb is manageable. Near the top there is rather tight left with some rocks and loose gravel that really requires the perfect line as it's pretty tight!
  14. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

ahh I was not looking hard enough - I only saw the instgram square to the west. Didn't see the one near the mini cliff - my bad :smow:
  15. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

Yup that's the bit I was referring too :) But I ride it the other way ....ie climbing up that steep section....I have only cleared a handful of times.
  16. cleeshoy

Yarra Trails regulars

I don't think russ is talking about that bit as the instagram pic is more west. You can definitely drop straight down that "mini cliff". The option to go left and around is now a bit easier as the tree on the corner appears to have been pruned back a bit.
  17. cleeshoy

Post your hilly rides here!

Riding buddy's mate did this a few days ago....If you happen to be around Jindabyne and want some hills...... http://www.strava.com/activities/221057673