Search results

1. B

Neck Brace

Hey mate, Yarra Valley Cycles in Lilydale have Neck braces in stock, The Leatt Braces, Alpine Stars and the Fro Braces. We also send them everywhere in Aus, The Leatt is the most popular and the Adventure starts at $565 (including postage), there are 2 sizes, Small and medium. A small is...
  2. B

Neck Brace or pressure suit?

Hey guys, Get a Neck brace first, I have witnessed too many accidents of recent times even within our close riding community down here that have actually used their neck brace for its intended use. Just last week one of the young riders from Vic ended up in hospital with a smashed helmet and...
  3. B

Mt Buller State Champs Results

Hey Guys, As you know the weekend was reported to be bloody cold and wet, but I'm sure everyone had fun. I Myself got cold and wet at sound relief, but thats a different story. I had the results sent to me today, So I thought I would put them up for you all, I think they are on Mt...
  4. B

Mt Buller State champs

Interbomb, thats good news... So the track gets the fast start of Abom with those hard to Pin top corners and the long strait, into the long and fast fire road that traverse's the mountain (can't pedal any quicker) then into the best bits of International (missing the top flat rock gardens at...
  5. B

Bushfire relief MTB event THIS Sunday!

Hey All, I will see you all there on Sunday. Fill your pockets with cash as there will be plenty of opportunities to donate and purchase raffle tickets. The You Yangs is a long way from town and therefore getting to an ATM will be difficult. This is our chance to give back, so get...
  6. B

Is there going to race baw baw this weekend?!

Hi guys, The race is postponed due to the fires. Check www.vicdhseries.com or www.yarravalleycycles.com for further details. The new dates will be up as soon as the information comes to hand. Thanks for your patience. Ash
  7. B

V.S.S #3 - Mt Baw Baw Details --!CANCELLED THIS WEEKEND!--

Hi guys The dates for the race will Be put up as soon as we have confirmed with resort management and and we know more about the situation. I shall put up the information on www.yarravalleycycles.com and on Farkin and the vicdhseries.com websites. What a bugger, but send a thought out to...
  8. B

Direct mount Stems

Hey mate, Take a look at our store, or better still, rather than ask a bunch of Farkiners, ring a bike shop that seems to specialize in the products or riding you are talking about and ask the opinion of the people that run the stems themself. Give us a Call here at Yarra Valley Cycles...
  9. B

Mt Buller - All you need to know

I Can't believe this Thread is still going strong. It prob needs a good update...Jack Jack Attack... Many of you may already know that Mt Buller is coming up on the 30th, 31st Jan and 1st of Feb 2009. It is shaping up to be one of the biggest races on the race calendar, and there are some...
  10. B

Neck Brace

Hey mate, We here at Yarra Valley Cycles have Neck braces and send them all over the place. They are as you can see becoming more and more popular at races, they have beaten the wank factor and are now considered an Item that should be used if you can afford to do so. They don't impede your...
  11. B

UCI MTB World Cup #6 - Canberra Preliminary DH Results

1 27 MINNAAR Greg RSA19811113 SCB 2:41.34 2 13 RENNIE Nathan AUS19810531 SCB 2:46.02 3 4 ATHERTON Gee GBR19850226 ANC 2:47.00 4 8 BAREL Fabien FRA19800726 SUB 2:47.64 5 24 KOVARIK Chris AUS19780301 CRC 2:48.38 6 20 NEETHLING Andrew...
  12. B

VSS You Yangs - Saturday

Thats how its done boys Just thought Id throw that out there Nato, not quite there yet mate, you probably beat me, but my bars are still closer to the ground!!
  13. B

Woodys rompin YOu Yangs Sat photos

Your the homo Wood Duck. Anyone that sits at home and plays 10 / 4 is a Homo in my books. Ill let you explain to the mountain bike community what 10 / 4 is. Sick shots though, Boofa
  14. B

National DH Championships - Results

Yeah Nathan!!!! B,Wood (2006) Yarra Valley Cycles, Vic http://yarravalleycycles.com
  15. B

Vic State Series, Rd 3, Long Gully Healesville

Hey all, yes the road gap is looking sick, its drifty as. Also, the bottom of the track has changed and provided some extra challenges for people with a new step up where the hip was into banked corned and road gap jump. There is also another Hip and Big set of doubles to berm. The track is...
  16. B

Nationals Round 1 Results

Well done to Alex, after qualifying 2nd, he ended up 4th, about time he rode a bit quicker
  17. B

Vic State Series, Rd 3, Long Gully Healesville

G'day all As most will already know, round 3 of the Victorian State Series is on the 17th and 18th of November at Long Gully, in Healesville. Round 3, being the closest race to melbourne, is shaping up to be the biggest race on the State Series Calender. (Expecting between 250 and 300...
  18. B

barjarg photos, check if your numbers there

How you gioing mate, a few requests ey. Can you post 41, 6 and 14. Cheers mate. Alex (6) is in Kona Mt Buller gear and Matt (14) and Ash (41) are in Yarra Valley Cycles Jerseys. Cheers mate, Ash
  19. B

Long Gully thursday night rides: info

Yes, the first ride will be this Thursday, the 1st of November. Definately a Full Face Helmet and bar ends event. $20 includes shuttle runs, BBQ and a drink. For those of age, this might include a beer. The new track looks sick, I was up there tonight to have a look and the bottom of the track...
  20. B

Eildon race times??

And im usually banned from Farkin