V.S.S #3 - Mt Baw Baw Details --!CANCELLED THIS WEEKEND!--

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
MMkay thanks mate. so the day liscence covers both days yeah?
and is there a definate spot in the race if you are registering on the day?
& finally, does the price stay the same ($70 - U15) ?

Thanks.
Yes...day license covers youfor both days. Yes, the will be a spot for you. I promise!:D

Mr King

Likes Dirt
What are the times for sat & sun? (not staying up for both days comin home sat goin bak up sun)
rego saturday from 8am, practice from 10am til 3.30pm, Elite and Under 19 practice only 3.30 - 4.30

Sunday 8am - 11am practice, 12pm till finished for racing

See you all there... Hopefully Baw Baw can hold out...

Mr King

Likes Dirt
So no camping?
Whats the pricing like on the accommodation? And whats the deal with it? Shared rooms? placed to put you bike and gear?

Cheers
-Brent
No camping in the Alpine resort, on saying that, off the mountain you could find yourself plenty of spots to camp, just have a look at a map of the area and don't make it to obvious as it is all national park. There are a few camping spots before you start to climb the mountain.
For accommodation call Mt Baw Baw on 1300651136 and ask about the prices. All lodges have rooms and dry rooms and ski storage for the winter where you can store all your gear.

jmurphy

Likes Dirt
Baw Baw is gonna be sik, patto, im pretty sure u mean tight emo jeans and a fluro singlet haha, ily patto and its not really bagging other series, well it kinda is but vss is the best haha

James

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
C
. Oh yes, and its the closest proper alpine resort to Melbourne too, so there is no excuse not to come.
to bad, that it takes longer to get to baw baw, from Melbourne, then it takes to get to buller anyway, due to the extremly poor roads.

60-70kms less, 30-45 minutes longer.. depending on who you get stuck behind on the 1.5 lane road. for half the trip.

swanny

Likes Dirt
The event at Mt Baw Baw will only be going ahead if the bushfire situation is completely safe and we have authorisation to travel in the location.
The organising committee will be doing everything in its power to keep the event on, however this weekends fires have been overwhelming. As of tonight, Sunday, the fires are still burning badly in the general area of Mt Baw Baw, but paticularly within the travelling route.

To all riders, please do not attempt to travel to Mt Baw Baw until the fires have completely subsided. Please keep up to date on travel AND racing information on this website (www.farkin.net), www.gipplandmtb.com.au www.vicdhseries.com and www.yarravalleycycles.com and www.cfa.vic.gov.au.

The organising clubs will not be making a decision on the event until AT LEAST Wednesday, and will only be based on the information from correct authorities. Please expect that the event COULD be cancelled and the clubs will do everything to reschedule if this happens.

We thank you for your understanding and patience, and we definitly all hope for the best.

Thanks, Matt.

Last edited:

patto_15

Wheel size expert
As long as cancelled, it means postponed, i am all for it =]
I'll probably wont be able to make it, being called out to fires, so i'd be devo to miss it!

Toxicity

one of those boys your mother warned you about
Man i hope there not postponed! Accommodation would be screwed around alot for alot of people...i hate firebugs, get a better hobby

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Man i hope there not postponed! Accommodation would be screwed around alot for alot of people...i hate firebugs, get a better hobby
Not really, Baw Baw Accommodation Admin would just roll it over for the following weekend I'm sure.

Spare a thought for the couple getting married up there this weekend. They would be in panic mode right about now.

Foes_racing

Likes Dirt
This is from the Vic dh series website

BAW BAW POSTPONED...

After conversations with Stewart Galloway (CEO Mt Baw Baw RMB) Nick King, Shane Currie and Dave Rees we have decided to postpone the race meeting scheduled for this weekend, 14th-15th Feb at Mt Baw Baw.

The re-scheduled date will still fit well with the calendar, doesn't clash (that we can see) with other events, fits well with the Mt Baw Baw weather and is still within daylight savings.

We generally feel this is the most prudent thing to do given the fires in Gippsland are not yet contained, the weather patterns for later in the week are not favourable and we don't wish to place anyone in a position that could turn very bad at any time. This, coupled with the added problem facing Mt Baw Baw, their water supply is possibly contaminated by ash, has brought us to this position.

Could we also ask that members of other clubs copied on this note also post to their Web sites and notify members accordingly.

We will send out another note shortly officially notifying everyone of the rescheduled date. We are waiting on confirmation from Mt Baw Baw first.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
This is from the Vic dh series website

BAW BAW POSTPONED...

After conversations with Stewart Galloway (CEO Mt Baw Baw RMB) Nick King, Shane Currie and Dave Rees we have decided to postpone the race meeting scheduled for this weekend, 14th-15th Feb at Mt Baw Baw.

The re-scheduled date will still fit well with the calendar, doesn't clash (that we can see) with other events, fits well with the Mt Baw Baw weather and is still within daylight savings.

We generally feel this is the most prudent thing to do given the fires in Gippsland are not yet contained, the weather patterns for later in the week are not favourable and we don't wish to place anyone in a position that could turn very bad at any time. This, coupled with the added problem facing Mt Baw Baw, their water supply is possibly contaminated by ash, has brought us to this position.

Could we also ask that members of other clubs copied on this note also post to their Web sites and notify members accordingly.

We will send out another note shortly officially notifying everyone of the rescheduled date. We are waiting on confirmation from Mt Baw Baw first.
This is the right thing to do. And thank you to those that made the decision so quickly.

Boofa

Likes Bikes
Hi guys

The dates for the race will Be put up as soon as we have confirmed with resort management and and we know more about the situation.

I shall put up the information on www.yarravalleycycles.com and on Farkin and the vicdhseries.com websites.

What a bugger, but send a thought out to all those who have lost their lives and homes.

Thanks for your patience.

Ash

www.yarravalleycycles.com

-Troy-

Likes Dirt
Not really, Baw Baw Accommodation Admin would just roll it over for the following weekend I'm sure.
Yep. Just called Mt Baw Baw accommodation and they told me that they will move any accommodation booked for this weekend to the new date.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Good and wise decision. Hopefully the Baw Baw village and surrounding area's are not put under and threat at all in the coming days.

Heppla

Likes Dirt
Good and wise decision. Hopefully the Baw Baw village and surrounding area's are not put under and threat at all in the coming days.
As i said in the other thread the DSE website states that there is a new fire 9km SE of the Baw Baw village!