Search results

1. Customjimmy

Found - please delete

Item: Manitou Sherman 20mm axle Price: Not very much Location: Young NSW, happy to pay post
  2. Customjimmy

ROAD Grandfather's Bike - 75th anniversary rebuild

My Grandfather bought this bike new in 1937. After hanging up in his shed for the last 30 odd years most of the bits were rusted through so only kept the frame and fork for the build (and the headset - NOS 1930s whitworth headseat anyone?) I hope this bike gets handed down (and ridden!) for...
  3. Customjimmy

Beaut little Italian tootling bike.

A gift for my sister - Bassano Cicli Lara (no idea which of these is the brand, a bike called Lara from Bassano?) Italian made, 1970s I'm guessing folding bike - bought of ebay after a long period in storage. Surface rust came off easily, cut and polish, new Hoffman BMX tyres and brake cables...
  4. Customjimmy

NSW Short travel dual suspension bike.

Item: Short travel dual suspension bike (anthem/trance preferred) Location: Young, NSW or Tamworth, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: under $1k Extra Info: For female rider. 16" frame or very close.
  5. Customjimmy

Starting Bike Shop, looking for parts suppliers.

I'm starting up a bike repair business in a country town and I'm looking for suppliers of small parts (cables, bearings, tubes etc.) as opposed to distributors of brand components (which are easily found). PMs are probably the order of the day, and any advice from experienced Rotorburnians would...
  6. Customjimmy

You know you're not riding enough when...

The second lot of wagtails, same nest, for the summer!
  7. Customjimmy

Bar tape issue

I'm having trouble with bar tape on my single-speed (no levers). When riding on the top of the bars, or in the drops there is no problem, but when I'm climbing I like to hold the bars in a 'bullhorn' position, with my hands just forward of the top of the bars which means I'm putting a lot of...
  8. Customjimmy

The Shame of going to the Dark Side

I have a confession. A month ago I sold my beloved Cannondale Gemini FR bike and bought a roadie. And things have changed. Now, instead of just launching down the nearest set of steps to begin my jouney home from work, I have to follow the signs to the disabled access, so my skinny little rims...
  9. Customjimmy

Don Burke - Logging Whore

Link Don Burke has accepted payment from Gunns pulp mill to be an 'advisor', advocating the wonderful benefits of poisoning the ocean, and the beautiful Tamar valley in Tasmania. This is in stark contrast to Peter Cundall, arse-kicking war veteran, gardening legend and Tamar local, who...
  10. Customjimmy

Getting Married

That is what I'll be doing this weekend! No churches, no ministers, just a quality hand-picked crowd and a well-catered:) 3 day party. I used to think it was an out-dated institution but changed my mind a while back and bought my first diamond. Then gave it away. For me it's about saying "I'm...
  11. Customjimmy

A cheap option for posting bikes

I don't know if it's a mistake or not, but I just sent a Freeride bike (Properly boxed up) from the transit centre in Lismore NSW, to the freight depot in Wollongong (820km) for $35 with Premier Coaches. Bargain.
  12. Customjimmy

SOLD PLEASE DELETE Superb Cannondale Gemini w/Totems etc.

Item: Cannondale Gemini Location: Lismore, NSW (will post - you pay the first $50) Item Condition: Very good. Reason for selling: Overbuilt and underused Price and price conditions: $2350 Extra Info: As pictured except for the following:- Rear shock now newly serviced manitou 4-way air...
  13. Customjimmy

Collarbones - How broke is too broke?

I've broken 4 collar bones, and re-broke the last one 3 weeks ago before it was fully healed, on flat ground, barely moving, by snapping a chain and falling over sideways in slow-motion. The one before that left a jagged bit of bone after it healed so that every day in the shower when the soap...
  14. Customjimmy

Check out this freaky Japanese lightweight bike.

I thought people might get a kick out of this beastie. The workmanship and components are actually pretty schmicko. Craziness. I was going to throw in a bid myself but it's too rich for my blood. Should this be in the ultimate commuter thread?:p
  15. Customjimmy

26mm clamp (Cinelli etc) 1" quill stem.

Location: Lismore 2480, will pay post Condition: Doesn't have to be immaculate, but no rust that I can't polish off. Price: Not sure what these are worth. $20 and post? dependent on condition. Extra info: 100mm or less please, slightly longer considered. happy to trade for 1" clamp, or...
  16. Customjimmy

International Cold Beer Day

I have just finished a big chunk of work, and have cracked a lunchtime beverage. This has prompted me to declare, randomly, the 12th of September "International Cold Beer Day". Feel free to join in the celebrations on that day, for 'tis a worthy and long-neglected day of reverence. A silly...
  17. Customjimmy

Some light relief

There's been a bit too many heavy threads lately, time to enjoy a rare episode of the old kids TV show, Rainbow. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4iqocDXr4
  18. Customjimmy

Need a gift idea for the cyclist who has everything?

Some of this stuff is pretty cool. I particularly like the inconspicuous solar charger for the electro-bike!
  19. Customjimmy

The movie 'Hancock'

I just wanted to save a few people some money. We had a babysitter for the first time since my 8mth old daughter was born and went out for a drink and a movie, and then the Hollywood machine throws this nonsense at us. It held some real promise early, and then, inexplicably, the producers handed...
  20. Customjimmy

Tyre bad, helmet good!

I still see fools tearing around the place with no lid on, and thought I'd post this in 'general' as a bit of a reminder, even though it happened on the road. Standard commute to work on the 10spd, riding conservatively on tyres less than 6 months old. Front tyre blows apart (still not sure...