Search results

1. B

DH Out of the shed: Galah DH3 (6inch)

Our third dual susser, finally complete! (after a couple of months of Sundays) design: This bike was designed to a be a more playful DH bike along the lines of a Bottle rocket. We are trying out a few new ideas with this one, both in terms of manufacturing & bike design. The use of a...
  2. B

650B (27.5) wheels

I was searching for a bike geometry index and came across this: I'm not at the cutting edge of mtb fashion so I hadn't heard of the new size. keep reading 'till the punch line in the last paragraph: another contender for the Captain-O awards?
  3. B

Vanilla R and RC shock mod

With thanks to dazz and Red Rocket I wanted to be able to service my vanilla RC shock at home but since the shock is built without a schraeder valve I couldn't re-pressurise it. There were two obvious solutions to fitting one in: 1. make a new piggyback cap with the correct tapping for a...
  4. B

sold

Item: sun mag30 rim, 32hole Location: melbourne; prefer local sale Item Condition: good; straight and strong -some marks from tyre levers -sanded smooth, don't affect performance Reason for selling: surplus Price and price conditions: $50 Extra Info: black...
  5. B

5th element IFP positioning

g'day does anyone know or can anyone refer me to a reference specifying the correct IFP location/depth for a 2.25 stroke, 7.875 e-e 5th element shock? any help greatly appreciated.
  6. B

fork crown dimensions

I'm after the external dimensions of forks like marz 66, fox 36, rockshox lyrics. -in particular I'm after the crown dimensioning (to ensure that the crowns don't hit the down tube) -axle offsets would be interesting too has anyone found a site with this sort of technical drawings...
  7. B

wanted: BROKEN FORKS

What:130mm+ travel fork uppers (ie stanchions/crowns/steerer( 1 1/8) from a fork with broken lowers/internals) Price range/Willing to Pay: to be negotiated Location:Melb -pickup Extra Info: -I dont care if the stanchions are scratched as long as they are basically sound. -I...
  8. B

Victorian Trail-building Crew

Is there a mailing list for trail building working bees in Victoria? I don't always find threads posted regarding working bees if in fact they are posted at all. A centralised email list that allowed project organisers (from any club or organisation) to advertise upcoming build days to...
  9. B

short stroke shock (1.5-2in) ie vanilla r, float r, etc

What: short stroke shock (1.5-2in) ie vanilla r, float r, etc Price range/Willing to Pay:depends what it is -lemme know whatcha got Location:melb Extra Info: -e-to-e unimportant -yes I know the shortest vanillas are 2in
  10. B

deore level xc wheelset

What: deore level xc wheelset (fr and rr) Price range/Willing to Pay:name your price Location:melbourne Extra Info: should be in good condition
  11. B

Galah 460-7 -finished (seat and paint added)

the first dually. 460-because that's how long the swingarm is (I'm interested to try another one with an ultra short swingarm to see how that feels) 7-because that's how much travel it has (3:1 shock ratio on a 2.35 shock) Galah-because someone said we had to have a name (and we ride like...
  12. B

hayes mag drag with ebc

I fitted the first new pads (ebc red) to my hayes the other day (I bled them with the original pads when they were new). The old pads were buggerall short of down to the metal. EBC are known for being thick but it seems a bit silly on mine. They were bastards to get in initially and now they...
  13. B

DH frame design

Long, low DH bikes look cool. do they ride better though? 'People' often talk about bikes with long wheel bases being great at speed because they are "more stable". has anyone ever noticed speed wobbles (even on a BMX)? Bikes look better with low shock placement. Do they really ride...
  14. B

24 tooth granny

I'm running a 22 (standard 4 bolt granny ring)-14 combo on my mod trials bike. I would like to run a slightly bigger gear but would rather run a larger front sprocket than a smaller rear (for better chain/sprocket life etc): ARE 4 BOLT GRANNY RINGS AVAILABLE IN 23 OR 24 TOOTH? Thanks
  15. B

223 pivots

just wondering if anyone can tell me the bearing number of orange 222/223 pivots cheers
  16. B

12mm axle for 150mm hub

I need a 12mm axle to suit a 150mm hub. The bike it's for is a non threaded type -it needs nuts on both sides (or a bolt with nut like the intense ones) It doesn't need to be special, steel is good -I'd like to spend less than $50 Does anyone know where I can get one-They aren't exactly a...
  17. B

good value xc bikes ~giant talon/norco nitro?

I'm shopping for a friend : Does anyone know of any (new) good value xc bikes at this spec level? cheers
  18. B

winter is coming

Digging season approaches! (This is an absolutely pointless thread -just sharing my enthusiastic anticipation: mmm... nice moist soil...) I spose given that it's only early march, it's also rather premature.
  19. B

DH/DJ bike dimensioning

The use of top tube measurements in DH/DJ etc bike frame descriptions is probably historic but it's pretty useless. Since most riding in these disciplines is out of the saddle surely the more useful measure is the horizontal distance between the bottom bracket and the top of the head tube (in...
  20. B

bike trailor-max wheel base?

I'm building a rack on my trailer to carry DH bikes an I need to figure out the longest wheelbase I need to accommodate I'm thinking something like the old V10s are probably about the longest I'm likely to have to deal with (there aren't many old rotecs around) can someone please help...