Search results

1. Jon

Truth in Advertising

Found this while trawling Kawasaki sport riders forum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_4a4O7kXQo&feature=player_embedded# If all adds were this truthful.
  2. Jon

Digital TV

So, what with the big push from Canberra for everyone to join the digital revolution, who has and how have you found it? We are only talking free to air stuff here, not cable or satellite. Despite 3 attempts at relocating my antenna and purchasing 2 new antennas (recommended by the antenna...
  3. Jon

Wireless internet.

Now that I have two teenage kids, went out and bought 2 identical computers, HP to be exact, the wireless router is copping a flogging. Question I have is, Has anyone got two identical wireless connected computers and do you encounter any issues with one computer locking another out of the...
  4. Jon

Another Fun Game

www.media.perthnow.com.au/multimedia/2008/12/html/Bush_Whack.html More inane holiday fun;) Beat 8 if you can
  5. Jon

New Video Camera

Following on from this http://www.farkin.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1666754#post1666754 I am now looking for a mid range video camera. Not RED1 type gear but not Ebay specials either. If anyone has any comments to make re their camcorders, lets here them. Budget is around $800. Thanks...
  6. Jon

No Christmas cheer

Another curly legal question. Our work have a bank account into which we put money from scrap metal for our yearly Christmas party. The account is a joint account, under 2 former employees names. One was retrenched last month and the other died May last year. Everyone forgot to close the...
  7. Jon

Ourimbah Club Day 24-2-08

A few snaps from today at Ourimbah If you arent here I dont have you,sorry.
  8. Jon

Upgrade the Rodeo?

Had a quick look around in the search mode but could not find anything specific so here goes. I have had a promotion at work and will be getting an $18k vehicle allowance. Now the fun part.... I am seeking opinions and lateral thinking on the following needs and wants. Needs -Decent cargo space...
  9. Jon

Ourimbah4-3-07

Lots of dh goodness here http://forums.farkin.net/photo/showgallery.php/ppuser/14100/cat/500 And before everyone asks,every photo I took is there so if you you arent,I missed you,sorry.Selected ones below cheers jon
  10. Jon

Ourimbah photos 4-2-07

To all ,my apologies for biting off more than I could chew:o my sympathies go out to people that do this photography for a living.I have put ALL the photos I have of sunday in my members gallery here http://forums.farkin.net/photo/showgallery.php/ppuser/14100/cat/500 First time so if the link...
  11. Jon

CCOMTB ourimbah 4-2-07

I have some photos ,some good ,some not so good....still learning. Anyhow I have clear pics of: 1,7,227,415,928,636,502,124,505,913,214,125,126,213,104,918,128,131,219,220,221,906,909,138,606,917,224,225,922,613,614,227,807,551,625,676,808,810,725,727,630,632,636,644? I also have some others...
  12. Jon

Merry christmas to all farkiners

Just wanted to say Merry christmas to all and keep the rubber side down this weekend. Hopefully everyone will get what they want,or need :D Best wishes to you all:) and a happy new year:eek: cheers jon
  13. Jon

Pc whiz's attention

I have some music dvd's that I would like to ...... the audio tracks to a cd for use in my car.The audio t/s file is empty so does anyone know how to do this or is there software (free preferably) that will do it,pc btw.Thanks cheers jon
  14. Jon

koalas

Got this as an email from a mate and thought it might strike a few of you as mildly humorous.:D cheers jon
  15. Jon

Digital cameras

Now if this should be in phat snaps then dont flame me 'cause its not about bikes. There are alot of good photos on here ,some taken by members and others just posted by them.So I figure probably everyone has a digital camera of one sort or another,from phones to $10k monsters that do...
  16. Jon

Deleted posts/bad taste/mood

Just wondering ,is it possible/reasonable to edit quotes out of post if the source of the quote has been deleted by the author?It seems rather pointless if either mods or the author deletes a post after it has been quoted elswhere.Bit late for that then .If someone does a germaine greer and the...
  17. Jon

Home cooked guide

Couldnt afford an e13 or box guide so I made one ,so far so good ,no chain losses.A wealth of info can be gained from websites about proper set up of guides. Anyhow made it out of clear polycarbonate and some stainless bolts,mounted onto a ally plate mounted on the original giant mountings.A...
  18. Jon

Bike setup

Just wondering about two things-1.Why do chain guides always have a roller on the leaving side of the chain ring ie the bottom.Surely you would want one on top if anywhere.I know most do have this but why do all have a roller at the bottom? 2.The other thing is why are dh stems so short?Is it to...
  19. Jon

another ac2

Just finished building this up with stuff from my old norco ht,next upgrade are front brakes and maybe bars then rear hydros .Ahhh so many things,so little money. cheers jon
  20. Jon

ac2 chain guides

I did a search on here that gave heaps of info about chain guides but none that gave any info in direct reference to an ac.Having just purchased one from a member here I dont know whether the chain guide is worth running.I put the travel to 5.5" and I'm running 38 to a 7speed cassette,I dont...