Search results

1. Specialized Freerider

Choice of Hubs

Im about to build up new wheels for my Demo 8 and just need some help. I have run Mavics 721 on the Specialized hubs getting on a couple years now. Im going to buy the Mavic 721 again as they are reliable and strong as hell. on to the hubs. Hubs are the one part that really I have not that much...
  2. Specialized Freerider

Maxxis Minion PSI

On my minions it has a PSI pressure of between 35 and 65 PSI. Why is it so high - 35!? Anyone know? Thanks
  3. Specialized Freerider

Brake Help

I have just bled both my front and rear Juicy 7's, I replaced the rear pads however the fronts were still very good so I put them back in. When I put the wheels back on the pads were rubbing even though I backed off the pad contact adjustment. I've read through the manual and can't find...
  4. Specialized Freerider

Brake Pad Change

Just wondering if most guys replace your brake pads when you bleed you brakes even if they are not completely worn out? Or do you just replace them when they need to be replaced? Also is there anything different between Avid's dot 5.1 and other brands?
  5. Specialized Freerider

What to do?

I took my DHX 5.0 shock off my bike and gave it a good clean. The pro-pedal udjuster knob was feeling gritty so i took the screw off that holds it on. When i came to puting it back on and tightening it the hex head on it stripped so easily and am now not able to tighten it any more. What should...
  6. Specialized Freerider

Hard to buy Springs?

Just wondering if anyone else are having the same problem? There are hardly any second hand rear coil springs for sale. Does anyone know of any sites that sell Fox or Manitou Ti springs? If so this would really help.
  7. Specialized Freerider

400x2.75 Ti Rear Spring

Item:400x2.75 Ti Rear Spring Location: Sydney. Will pay for postage. Price range/Willing to Pay: Sellers offer. Extra Info: May be used or new. Has to be made by either Fox or manitou.(no cheap rubbish).
  8. Specialized Freerider

Timing watch fo DH

Does anyone know of a good brand of wrist watch to use for DH racing? Maybe even one with split timing. What does everyone else use? Thanks
  9. Specialized Freerider

MTB shows

Does anyone know when some new t.v shows are going to be shown on Fuel? They have been repeating Drop In season 3 for the past couple months, Ride Guide has stoppedand the Great Ride Open is on played twice a week. Where is Drop In season 5?
  10. Specialized Freerider

Any sugestions?

I've got quite a decent size of area to build in, but im having trouble. Half the area is VERY thick bush. My building method is to mark out the trail with tape, then clear the 50-100m section then build. This is fine when you have planned out the trail, but when it sooooo thick its very hard to...
  11. Specialized Freerider

Where to Get Timber

Does anyone know of places where hardwood or treated timber is thrown away or sold for a low price? It does not have to in pristine condition, just not half rotted with chunks taken out of them.
  12. Specialized Freerider

When to change rims?

At the moment i have some Mavic 721's on front and back, and the back has got more then a few flat spots. There not really causing me any trouble, but when is it time to replace them? Just wait till they crack (when i land a 15ft drop, it would be quite a shot). Anyway what does everyone else...
  13. Specialized Freerider

Psi on a DHX

Just wondering what psi others are running on thier back shocks? I weigh 70kgs with a 450lb spring, what would you recommend running? This includes Bottom-out control also. I know this is partly personal preference, but i want to know what others would run it for DH & Freeride.
  14. Specialized Freerider

Drop In Season 5

I know its been finished for a while now, so does anyone know when its going to be shown on Fuel?
  15. Specialized Freerider

Whats with my shock?

I've got a slight problem. I re-adjusted my Fox dhx 5 like i always do, i changed the preload ring after a few months because of my weight, and checked everything else. When i tested it out i bottomed-out on the smallest of hits. The spring i'm running is a 450lb spring, which is more then...
  16. Specialized Freerider

Wheres Sombrio?

Does anyone know of any bike shops in Sydney that stock Sombrio? Sweet gear, I want some.
  17. Specialized Freerider

Fox forks for street

I'm getting some new Fox forks for my street bike. Anyone sudgest what type for street/DJ'in? I know Bearclaw is running them on his bike. Any help would be great. thanks
  18. Specialized Freerider

Foggy Goggles

Ok, i just bought some Oakley Crowbar Anti-Fog MX goggles. There SOOO comfy and dont distort the vision at all. But they have been fogging up on me. Am i doing something wrong, because they are Anti-fog? My last beat-up 10 year old goggles never used to. Need help, please!:confused:
  19. Specialized Freerider

Selling Camelbaks

Sorry if this is the wrong area but anyway. Whats the deal with selling used camelbaks? Would anyone buy them? Or is it a hygene issue? Thanks
  20. Specialized Freerider

Which type of knee pads?

I was just wondering if anyone knew what type of knee pads Steve Romaniuk was wearing in season 3? They look very comfortable and neat. Thanks