Foggy Goggles

Ok, i just bought some Oakley Crowbar Anti-Fog MX goggles. There SOOO comfy and dont distort the vision at all. But they have been fogging up on me. Am i doing something wrong, because they are Anti-fog? My last beat-up 10 year old goggles never used to. Need help, please!:confused:

ryno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, i just bought some Oakley Crowbar Anti-Fog MX goggles. There SOOO comfy and dont distort the vision at all. But they have been fogging up on me. Am i doing something wrong, because they are Anti-fog? My last beat-up 10 year old goggles never used to. Need help, please!:confused:
Is it very cold were you are riding?

I don't have the same goggles as you buy, my goggles only started to fog up in winter because it is so cold.

gibbo4

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Before you start riding, put them under your shirt to get them the same temp as your body. This should fix it for you, or minimize the fogging considerably

Where i ride its usally around the 18-30 degree mark, but when they fogged up it was around 20. For the first 20 mins they were fine then they started to drip down with water inside.

Last edited:

trublusk8er

Likes Bikes
Go to a dive shop and get anti fog gel. Its like $6 and last for ages.
If your to cheap toothpaste works really well. and if for some unknown reason you dont have toothpaste (maybe you need to see a dentist) just spit in them rub it around then wash them out

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alternatively a very small amount of shampoo diluted with water works very effectively. Give it a quick rinse, as in enough so there are no streaks etc. and that should minimise the fog a considerable amount, if not totally prevent it. :)

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Thanks, i just thought if it said Anti-fog it meant it.
It should, why pay the extra money for a decent set of goggles, with apparntly all the technology in the world, made by one of the biggest eyewear companies... to then find out that they perform like shit..
I dont own MX goggles (only ski goggles), but are they a double lens? or a single lens? I know my old ski goggles (POS scotts), used to fog heaps, but my current pairs (spy soldier's, and oakley crowbar's) have neer fogged. But then my crowbars are double lens, and i am pretty sure the MX versions are single?

Last edited:

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got Crow Bars and they havent fogged up on me yet. Even on rainy days, but my mate who rides with me has the M Frames and they fogged up quite a bit