Search results

1. tmarsh

another road bike build - frame and fork

It's been pretty quiet in the shed since I finished the last bike. Fortunately, I have another willing test pilot, a colleague of mine we shall call B. B has been riding seriously for a few years, and has mainly been aboard a Surly Crosscheck. The aim of this build is to try and preserve as...
  2. tmarsh

road bike build - from scratch

I'm starting to build a new road frame for a friend of mine, and I though people might be interested if I documented it. The frame will be lugged construction, made from Columbus Zona. It's designed as a winter trainer, although I imagine it will get a lot of use all year round. Compact...
  3. tmarsh

euro news: cadel to leave silence-lotto

As reported on cyclingnews.com. Any guesses as to where he will go? It's obvious that aspects of his last few years at Lotto have been pretty toxic, so it'll be interesting to see if Cadel can find a more harmonious atmosphere somewhere else...
  4. tmarsh

Training with a GPS

Anyone using something like a Garmin Edge 305 for training and/or navigation? Any comments on the unit? Things you like, things you don't like etc. Cheers, Tim
  5. tmarsh

Great Dividing Trail - Daylesford to Castlemaine

Has anyone ridden the GDT from Daylesford to Castlemaine in Victoria? It's listed as being 57km of walking track and from what I can see on the Bicycle Victoria website it's certainly possible to ride much of it. Any personal experience? How long, trail conditions etc. Cheers, Tim
  6. tmarsh

Setting up a Marzocchi Marathon Race fork

Positive air, negative air, PAR air and rebound, and a manual that is no help at all. Has anyone in farkinland had any experience in getting one of these forks dialled in? with so many user-definable parameters that all interact with each other it's fair to say I don't know where to start...