Search results

1. C

new springs for my 36 rc2 talas

Are you on a Vanilla or a Talas? If you're on a Talas, you might want to lower the air pressure since it's an air fork? If it's a Van, 60-ish kg, you should be able to get away with a soft spring. It's probably a medium you're running.
  2. C

Enduro question.

I had the Enduro and am now on the SX. Never had to measure up the shocks, so i can't say for sure they'll fit. The Enduro had M5 tubing while the SX has A1 tubing. Not too many other differences really. I moved the parts over from Enduro to SX. Easier to climb on the Enduro obviously...
  3. C

Some ride advice for a Tassie first-timer please, :)

Hi kind fellow Farkinites, Am gonna be based in Hobart at a mate's for 12 days with pretty much nothing planned and hoping for some riding advice. Glenorchy sounds like a nice place to hit. Also, i know it sounds abit lame/commercial, but i'm interested to do the Mt Wellington shuttle...
  4. C

Best Brakes in Humid Conditons.

I think the thread starter has a very valid point when considering which brakes work best in what conditions. I have Juicy 7s and Codes on different bikes and in high humidity/high temperature days, the Code levers start to jam up and piss oil under the reservoir caps. The Juicys, well...
  5. C

Nasa Space Mission

So who here thinks the original Moon mission was a fake? They probably filmed it in some remote desert somewhere just to get the Russians off their back. I reckon it was, because if they had actually landed there and found so many interesting things then, why didn't they find out more about...
  6. C

Five Ten Impacts Review

What do they retail for, and who are the Aussie distributors for Five Ten?
  7. C

Digital cameras.

Maybe for $1K you could find a used Minolta Dimage A1? They've been out a while now, so maybe you'll get lucky in the Trading Post or something. It's only a 5MP but really, unless u're gonna print posters, i reckon that's more than enough if you have a big memory card. Good thing is that it's...
  8. C

Perth Trail and Free Riders?? I need some Riding Buddys!

hmmm...anyone been organizing trail rides here yet? I'm back in perth and ready to go~ Free most days till uni starts up again in late Feb. :D
  9. C

Sherman Flick+ query

Hi fellas, I've recently had the chance to purchase an '05 Flick+, after a couple of rides though, i've realised i'm too heavy for the stock springs. So the question is, since there's no preload adjust on these things (well, if there is, i can't find it.), i guess my only option is to...
  10. C

Perth Trail and Free Riders?? I need some Riding Buddys!

will be back in late January. hope to ride the trails with you guys soon. :D
  11. C

Marzocchi Z150 --- SOLD ---

i'd like some pics as well, thanks. psychaoz@hotmail.com
  12. C

Curtin Perth Friday8th 12pm?

Friday the 9th? I think ya got ya dates mixed up there. Tomorrow's the 8th, Saturday's the 9th. :D Umm.. if everyone has transport, you could do a Curtin/Manning skatepark ride, then if you get shoo-ed off by Curtin security and the skatepark's full, you can all run off to Murdoch/Bullcreek...
  13. C

Magura Hydraulic Rim Brakes (MHRB)

I've had 2 sets of HS-33s before. Set-up well, they're pretty good brakes. Havn't noticed anyone mention about the boosters. Are you using one? The earlier stock ones aren't up to it i feel and are way heavier than the aftermarket ones...
  14. C

Looking for cheapy disc-hub front wheel -PERTH-

Hey there, Would anyone have upgraded their front wheel and happen to have a spare, stock one for sale? Looking for a standard 9mm QR type, brand of hub doesn't matter,in fact, i'd rather those generic nameless hubs, just has to have a disc hub, but rim preferably suited for heavier...
  15. C

SOLD

What model year Louises are they?
  16. C

SOLD

Would that fit an '01 Bullit?
  17. C

Some Lance stuff....

beautiful ad. :D
  18. C

crazy german engineering

When i first heard of Nicolai, i knew nothing of the company and laughed even more when i saw their more radical designs. Then i gulped at the price tags. Then, i got a chance to ride a few different set-ups; 2 UFOs, a Lambda and a Nucleon. As someone said earlier, don't knock 'em till...
  19. C

Perth Ride 5/6/04

Yeah, weather forecast says rain all weekend, so is it still on? not too sure about the city if it's gonna be raining... but any other alternatives?
  20. C

100mm Forks

I got me a 2002 Marzocchi DJ1. 100mm . QR20 (with brand new, unused 20mm axle ) . Brake bosses for rim brakes and disc tabs for 8" rotors ( can use 6" with spacers ) . External preload adjust, Internal rebound adjust. Will throw in standard quick-release adapters for use with normal 9mm hubs...