Search results

1. scotty beefs

Purchasing a bike from interstate... MASSIVE anxiety

I've made some big purchases over the years including a +$5k bike from Adelaide and have been fortunate enough that all transactions have gone smoothly. The thing I like to do mostly to re-assure myself is find out as much information about the person selling the item and do some research...
  2. scotty beefs

DH New v10 carbon syndicate thanks to ftr...

Careful perusal of his mybookfaceride profile would see that he is asking certain people regarding the pricing of said carbon v10 build...
  3. scotty beefs

Playstation 3 Thread

PSN scottybeefs
  4. scotty beefs

PS3 Outage - Hackers got your info?

Misquote - i believe it is more like this Typical FFA convo: Eyes " F8ck beefs what are you shooting at the ground for?" Beefs "your mum loves it"
  5. scotty beefs

PS3 Outage - Hackers got your info?

yeah devo'd with this over easter, was keen for some downtime. I finished campaign COD BO and then hung the controller up...online all the way usually for me. oh bring it - keen as. Pfff Eyes - having yourself in the game is cannon fodder enough for you..."()x eyes_mistakes were made"
  6. scotty beefs

DH New v10 carbon syndicate thanks to ftr...

yeah i know right, he's stupid. Carbon is pretty much the same as fibreglass but even stronger which is what surfboards are made of. And man they are strong, my mates dads is a surfboard maker and he said they if surfborads can cop that then bikes from carbon will be strong as. ps sweet...
  7. scotty beefs

USA Cycling considers ban on helmet cams and junior carbon use

Carbon rule - pfff. Why not make under 15's hardtail only, if the tweens and younger want to ride their carbon v10s then make them ride U17 or higher categories? In the end the parents would have more cash to take kids to races, less on going maintenance costs, less "scene" for kids that...
  8. scotty beefs

Crankworx 2011

Look at the forecasts for flights for that time next year...fingers crossed they come down as the dates move closer but return flights to Van on some carriers (qantas/air canada and others) are currently double what they were in the last couple of years. Atm you're (we're - i'm going to...
  9. scotty beefs

DH Intense Socom. <3

Topic: Intense SOCOM Testicles?
  10. scotty beefs

UCI MTB World Champs - 2009 @ Stromlo

The was the most ridiculous, emotive, exciting sporting event i've ever watched. I rode Mick Hannah home like Glen Boss on Makybe Diva and the neighbours could have heard me cheering no worries...then thinking Peaty couldn't do I proceeded to lose my shit as he went up, but then you saw Micks...
  11. scotty beefs

Graves and Buchanan Dominate WC 4X

Awesome work Caroline and Jared. Just watched the replay (it's up on freecaster now) and was half expecting Jill to make a mistake or take an overly agressive line and then see Caroline come through but no - she won it absolutely fair and square drag race style, awesome.
  12. scotty beefs

ATTN: Whistler - MEGA Day (grand slam)

nah... not at all. You ride whistler for 4 or 5 days and you've seen it all. You ride whistler when crankworx is on though and yeah you have to put up with lines and a few of the tracks are flogged but you get a ride plus show. Doing a lift up and watching lacondeguy do a massive canned backy...
  13. scotty beefs

We failed miserably :o:) We put in a fair effort though, started at 0930 and finished up around 6ish and the weather was pretty strumptuous - warm and sunny at the bottom, then pissing down rain, then absolute brass monkey at the top of garbo...crazy. The whole of garbo was slop and...
  14. scotty beefs

don't worry, it's been planned out pretty strategically...and yeah, we're gunna be SO Smashed. My current best is 12 runs in a day...it, to put it bluntly, is gunna kill me (and my bike the poor dear).
  15. scotty beefs

NEW Giant DH Bike!

Without reading the rest of the thread i'll add my two cents. Lined up with the rest of the minions today at the test ride tent...fark that's an experience worth documeting in itself but I digress. I'm 6'3" and found myself on a new large glory with boxxer teams and a vivid 4.1 with a 450lb...
  16. scotty beefs

Garbanzo Downhill race at Crankworx

get off farkin and get to sleep in prep for MEGA GRAND SLAM runs tomorrow...24 runs yes or no, vote now - 1800-POPULACERIPOFF.COM
  17. scotty beefs

REAL late notice but we've got a mega-runs day planned for whistles tomorrow. Every track on the official track guide run in one day. It totals 10 lower hill runs and 7 garbo runs so a grand total of approx 24 runs. Estimated run time is 9 hours 10 minutes...the lifts are open for 10 hours...
  18. scotty beefs

Are you in Whistler NOW and like FREECASTER WC???

Text you both Ryan and Rob - shaping up as watch WC, bulk runs and a brew or two which sounds sweet to me. Text me when you're close if you're up for watching WC or will chase you up later in the day to do some runs. Trav