Search results

1. Andy.G

Cyclingnews.com won't load properly anymore

Hey, am I the only one having difficulties at CN ?? Been going on for a few months, mostly would only load in the text heading style - thought it was me, somrthing I did - cookies or java or other geek dark magic. Just got a new machine with W7, latest IE9, etc etc ... it still wont show all...
  2. Andy.G

XT M776 20mm AM wheelset and gettin the tyres on ! help needed

Is it just me ?? :o new XT M776 20mm AM wheelset - the one with the wider rim. Sheet, i've fitted hundreds of tyres, but I'm ****ed if I can get these new tubeless EVO 57-559 Schwalbe Nobby Nics on this new wheelset by hand ... how will I ever get them off trailside ?? Stretched the tyres...
  3. Andy.G

Le Tour 2008 - the year of Cadel

News flash ... beeeebeeeeebeeeeebeeeeeb ... ASTANA excluded from Le Tour 2008 due doping history ... and Paris Roubaix etc etc - all ASO events !!! No Levi, No Contador, No Klodi !!! And I bet Chris Horner is really happy he left Silence Lotto. Watch the news for Kazakhstan's...
  4. Andy.G

Sheldon Brown dies ...

Refer cyclingnews.com Sheldon Brown died of a massive heart attack. I know lots here on farkin would have referenced his massive body of work on bicycle equipment, mechanics and technology. Requiem in pace. edit - OK ... after nightshift tiredness made me miss the thread in the other forum...
  5. Andy.G

Maxxis Monorail

Anybody ridden the new Monorail yet ?? It isn't even on the Maxxis website !! I have seen one on a new Cannondale being built up in the LBS ... would like to hear any comments.
  6. Andy.G

Much needed sound effect for this post

<insert sound of crickets [or geckos] chirping here>
  7. Andy.G

Vuelta ... sneaky Cadel.

Watch out ... Cadel now sittin' pretty in 3rd overall. All very quiet too ... not much attention. Just the way he would like it. No cheating using Guurgle ... Who was the highest placed Aussie in the Vuelta ever? Check out these apples : General classification after stage 9 1 Denis...
  8. Andy.G

BMX B.B standards

Whilst pondering on the custom fitting of my sons' new street/park bike and the (10mm too long) one-piece crank set, it occurred to me that I didn't know the difference (if there IS one) between an 'AMERICAN' and a 'SPANISH' BMX type bottom bracket. Are they one and the same ??? Park Tools...
  9. Andy.G

KMC chains ??

Anyone using KMC chain ?? Specifically the new X9SL ... the slotted plate, 250gm, looks great in gold T-Ni plated, chain ?? They call their proprietary joining link the "missing link" ... anyone used one ?? Any experiences to share with a XC/enduro brother before he shells out the...
  10. Andy.G

Ergon grips ... anyone ??

Dearest farkiners ... ERGON grips, I seek any opinions or experiences with these interesting looking grips. I have seen them in the occasional bike mag photo, and wondered as I sometimes suffer badly from hand fatigue and pressure point issues. I especially like the built in bar-end ...
  11. Andy.G

International MTB rankings announced ... xc

refer the link ... AUS surely considered well represented in all classes ... the marathon riders need to up the game !!! <kidding> http://www.cyclingnews.com/mtb.php?id=news/2007/apr07/apr25mtbnews