Le Tour 2008 - the year of Cadel

Andy.G

Likes Dirt
News flash ... beeeebeeeeebeeeeebeeeeeb ...

ASTANA excluded from Le Tour 2008 due doping history ... and Paris Roubaix etc etc - all ASO events !!!

No Levi, No Contador, No Klodi !!! And I bet Chris Horner is really happy he left Silence Lotto.

Watch the news for Kazakhstan's pre-emptive ICBM strike on France !!!

BrindiCruiser

Likes Dirt
I wonder if this decision will stand.

More UCI v ASO posturing to come.

Personally, I would prefer that Cadel races against the best riders.

ScottD

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was bit pissed off when i read this. Big fan of Kloden and Contador. I'm all for Cadel cause he is Aussie but he has to be one of the most boring riders ever...
If Sastre gets his gear together in the TT's he should do very well..
Prediction: Astana dominated Veulta, they'll definately be let into that Spaniards don't give a shit about drugs

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
although it would be cool for an aussie to win, if hes not racing the best then its a pretty empty victory.

and id love to see contador race again, he was amazing to watch last year.

and finaly lets not forget michael rogers who if he races this year has a chance of winning.

DarrenHunt

Likes Dirt
cadel was saying that he really wanted astana to race. a team that strong is good for keeping the race together and breaking it up...

but seriously i have my doubts about that entire team, esp as astana and discovery... the 2 teams that i thought were soo into the whole doping thing merged together. not accusing anyone of anything, but contador was too good to be true.

it's good that they're taking such an agressive stance towards doping.

stoff

Likes Dirt
Removing a team with the strength of Astana is going to put a big target on Cadel's back. Removing those guys may be a hinderance for Silence Lotto.

ScottD

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Johan is the master of 'little but often' all disco riders etc tackled to the eyeballs....

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
This probably sounds stupid but what actualy is a disco rider? is it too do with th relation ship between drugs and raves (discos) or is it somthing more tame?

ScottD

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Discovery Channel Team, Lances old team. Peaking off there rocker on other peoples blood..