Search results

1. G

Victorian XC series 2012/13

Hi all, just wondering if anyone out there knew anything about whether a Victorian xc series was planned for this summer? The calendar is looking a bit bare and I can't find any info about the series. Having raced a few of these in the past I really enjoyed them and hoped they would return...
  2. G

Post Your XC Machine

Hey i updated the pictures they should work now. Only had one ride out at the you yangs. Rode awesome, need to adjust the suspension and cut the bars down but so far very happy
  3. G

Post Your XC Machine

Cannondale Scalpel 2011 Hey guys my new bike arrived just before Christmas took a little time to get it sorted but here it is. Frame: Cannondale Scalpel 1 2011 Fork: Lefty PBR Shock: Fox Rp23 (80mm) Wheels: Crossmax SLR Brakeset: Hope Race X2 with Red Floating rotors Cranks: FSA SLK...
  4. G

Which Brakes?

Hey guys I was hoping for a little advice on my new brake set up. I am currently using XTR M970 and rate them highly. However, new bike will mean brake upgrade and I am torn. Hope Race X2 or the new Shimano XTR M980 "race". Weight is relatively important but reliability and stopping...
  5. G

Best Bits in and around Rotorua

i've been to rotorua a few times and every time make sure that i go visit zippys cafe. Best coffee in town, plus it's always full of riders! Probably an easy way to meet a bunch of fellow minded people whilst chomping down on a bagel and coffee. Oh and don't worry you will get used...
  6. G

Post Your XC Machine

Hey haromary yeah I actually raced it last weekend at the scott 24hr in 4 man. I have been really surprised at how well steel rides. It's my first time on steel, the duster is much more forgiving than I thought, which was nice considering the rocky trails at stromlo. I was very happy with it...
  7. G

Giant Clearouts?

Not sure if it's in your area but was in Bike n Bean the other day and they had a few giants still in stock. Depends on what you're after though.
  8. G

Post Your XC Machine

Charge Duster (Steel) Hey guys I am really happy with my new build and thought I would share. This was meant to be a cheap and cheerful winter bike, got a bit carried away. Frame: Charge Duster steel Fork: Rock Shox Reba Race with Poploc Wheels: DT Swiss XR1 Rear Derailleur: XTR Front...
  9. G

Best Place to live and Ride in Australia

Glad to see that I've generated a healthy debate! So far it seems Canberra and Tassie are leading the way!
  10. G

Lapierre

Hey guys I don't know if this of any help but a bike shop in my local Island of Guernsey back home (UK) deals with Lapierre. They recently posted a froggy to my friend who is currently in Queenstown NZ. Not sure who else they would post to but worth asking I guess. These guys are pretty...
  11. G

Best Place to live and Ride in Australia

Hey guys, I don't post on here very often but was looking for some advice from some like minded people. I was curious as to other peoples opinions on where is the best place to live in Australia whilst still having access to awesome xc trails and races?? I live in Melbourne and love the...
  12. G

Inter Winter XC Series

just thought I would say thanks to everyone involved. It was a great race, brilliant trails and good organisation. Thanks for putting the results up, fair bit of crossover grading will be interesting!
  13. G

Chase the Sun rd2 (rider needed)

Hey guys, Im looking for a partner for the second round of the Chase the Sun Series at Lysterfield on the 20th of May. I was in line to ride the whole series with a mate but then broke my collarbone. Im back now and raced crits last week in B cat. I am looking to be reasonably competitive in...