Search results

1. hmcleay

SA SOLD: KS Lev Dropper Post 125mm

Item: KS Lev Dropper Post 125mm Location: Adelaide. Can post at buyer's expense. Item Condition: Excellent. Reason for selling: No Longer required. Price and price conditions: $220 plus postage. Extra Info: Southpaw NOT included (has been sold separately). 31.6mm post diameter...
  2. hmcleay

SA SOLD!!! 26" Boxxer World Cup

Item: 2013 Boxxer World Cup Forks to suit 26" wheel. Location: Adelaide, can post at buyers expense Item Condition: excellent. Just serviced, new seals fitted. Reason for selling: no longer needed Price and price conditions: $500 +postage Extra Info: 155mm steerer. Usual scratches on...
  3. hmcleay

SA SOLD! 2011 Giant Glory 00

Hi guys & girls, My Giant Glory is up for sale: Bargain at $1500! Item: 2011 Giant Glory 00 - Medium Location:Adelaide Item Condition:Great Reason for selling:Don't need it anymore Price and price conditions: $1500, would prefer a local pickup in Adelaide, but otherwise can post...
  4. hmcleay

SA SOLD!!!! 2011 Scott Voltage FR10

Item: 2011 Scott Voltage FR10. Complete bike with extras! Location: Adelaide Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Don't need it as I make my own bikes now, and need $$ to help cover cost of trip to Interbike 2013. Price and price conditions: Was $2000 firm, NOW REDUCED TO $1800...
  5. hmcleay

No longer needed. PLEASE DELETE.

Hi all, I'm after a 'donor' downhill bike to transfer all the parts onto my frame. So it doesn't matter if the frame is dinged up or broken. It needs to have a 83mm bottom bracket, 150mm rear axle, 8.75"x2.75" shock, and downhill forks (Fox 40s or Boxxers). Ideally the...
  6. hmcleay

Appin - More Singletrack?

I ride at Appin pretty regularly. I'm very familiar with the standard 10km loop, and have also checked out the 'lost trails' that were used as part of the Rock Wallaby event. Looking at the area on google maps, it's amazing that you can pick out most of the singletrack from the satellite...
  7. hmcleay

Appin Extended Loop (NSW)

G'day, Does anyone have a map or GPS log of the 'extended' (25km) loop that was used during the Rock Wallaby event? I ride the regular loop (10km) pretty often, and I'm keen to check out the extended trails! Cheers, Hugh.
  8. hmcleay

Red Light Camera Fine

Hi Guys, Got my first red light camera fine today, 344 bucks!!! Anyway, I'm 100% certain that when I entered the intersection, the light was still amber. The photos the camera took two photos. One at 0.5 seconds after the light went red, and one at 1.2 seconds after the light went red...
  9. hmcleay

Sydney Bike Shops with Scott Voltage FR

Does anyone know of any bike shops in Sydney that have a Scott Voltage FR built up to see 'in the flesh'? I'm fairly keen on getting one of these, but would like to see one first and do a carpark test. I've already phoned a couple of Scott dealers, and they haven't got any built up in the...
  10. hmcleay

SOLD!! - 2008 Specialized Demo 8 II

Item: 2008 Specialized Demo 8 II, size Medium Location: Adelaide, however could potentially bring it to Sydney (as I am currently travelling back and forth a bit). Item Condition: great condition, the usual rub marks and scratches. No scratches in vital areas (fork stanchions). I take good...
  11. hmcleay

Fox Float Rebuild

Hi all, I've done a search and can't find any info... Just wondering if anyone has ever rebuilt the damper (not the air sleeve) of a Fox Float rear shock (or similar kind without a piggy-back). I have taken an old one apart to suss out the inner workings, and essentially work out how...
  12. hmcleay

Kind Shock Cobra Seatpost

Does anybody know where I could get hold of a KindShock Kobra 'droppable' seatpost? They used to have them on T7, but aren't going to re-stock them. fezzari.com have some, but that is all I can find. Cheers, Hugh.
  13. hmcleay

Fox Vanilla 125RLC Forks

Hi Guys, I serviced my Fox Vanilla 125RLC forks (circa 2002) last weekend. They were well overdue! Oil had reduced to a level where the hydraulic lockout feature wasn't working anymore. Anyway, I rebuilt them with the 'correct' amount (160mL according to Fox website) of oil into the...
  14. hmcleay

Car GPS Units

Hi Guys, I'm looking to get a GPS unit for my car for when I move to Sydney next year. Specifically, I've been looking at the Navman units: the MY50T and the MY55T. They're pretty similar, except the 55T has bluetooth and an FM transmitter. Garmin and TomTom also make similar units...
  15. hmcleay

Summary of our DH trip to Queenstown, NZ.

Hey all, Just thought i'd give you a bit of a summary of our recent downhilling trip to Queenstown. Please ignore spelling & grammar mistakes; it was a rushed type-up. I intend to make a pdf of this summary including pics etc, but that will take some time. Until then, here are some...
  16. hmcleay

Which foot forward when cornering? Survey question.

Hi Guys, I'm naturally right-foot-forward (RFF) when I coast on my bike. However, recently I have been forcing myself to get accustomed to riding LFF, in the interest of better cornering technique. Riding naturally RFF, I have always found it easier to do left-hand turns. So I figure...
  17. hmcleay

Hire Trailer for Shuttles

Hi Guys, My mates and I are hitting up Queenstown in November for a week of DH. We plan on hiring a trailer there for carrying the bikes during shuttles. There will be 5 of us with bikes, but I would like the capacity to carry more, so that we can 'pick up' some locals and have good times...
  18. hmcleay

FOUND - Fox 40 - Blue Ti Spring

Hi Guys, I'm chasing a Blue Titanium spring to suit Fox 40s. The blue spring is 40 lb/in. I have a Green Titanium spring that I can swap (45 lb/in). Otherwise, I can pay a reasonable going rate (whatever that is??). Please note, must be Titanium. I already have the steel version of...
  19. hmcleay

Fox 40 - Bottom Out Control

Hi Guys, I've got a 2nd hand set of Fox 40s and have just serviced them. I noticed while I had the damper out, that the last 2" of stroke are very tight. this is the part of the stroke where the bottom out control is. Even without any oil in the damper, it seems to 'bind up' as I push...
  20. hmcleay

Fox 40 - Lubrication of Lowers

Hi Guys, I've just inherited a set of used Fox 40s, and am part way through servicing them. The Fox website recommends 50mL of 7wt (for pre-2010 model) in each leg for lubrication of the lowers. Have any of you guys tried using other oil for lubrication? I have often used engine oil...