Search results

1. nexusfish

Recommendation for yt capra 29 spring weight

I the title. Im 90kg and maybe 94/5kg with gear depending on how full my camel back is. Any one else got a coil on one?
  2. nexusfish

WTB Broken or functioning m8000 brake lever.

Item: m8000 brake lever. Price: lets talk Condtions: any condition. Just needs the little plastic pushrodr guide near the piston to not be cracked. Extra info: NO Location: Hobart, but post?
  3. nexusfish

Setting sag. Measure off shock or rear axle?

G'day guys, have been playing around with a new bike that has an extremely progressive leverage ratio (YT Capra). Just got to thinking that I never measures sag on the shock on my dirt bike, but we all do it on mtbs. I've found 3% sag difference on the Capra results in a lot of actual sag...
  4. nexusfish

Fancy coil shocks for Capra. Kitsuma vs ohlins vs Fox

G'day guys. Just looking for general opinions on these three fancy shocks in coil. It going on a YT Capra 29. Done a heap of reading and I'm leaning toward the Ohlins as reviews seem to indicate it is simple to set up and just works in any conditions. But the same can be said for the others if...
  5. nexusfish

TAS Whole bike sold!!

Item: Busting up this bike Giant Reign XO Price: Send me offer for what you see. Condition: good for its age. Brakes: front id still good, but back is a bit squish. forks are great (straight steerer 26inch!!) Frame is bombproof, but shock needs a service. Wheels are stans flow 26, rear has a...
  6. nexusfish

Sold Manitou Dorado 27.5/29 sold!

Item: Manitou Dorado 27.5/29. 200mm/180mm Price: $750. Can ship at your expense. Condition: Good. Had full service about 1 month ago. Reason for sale: Broke frame so now its parts selling time to fund more unnecessary bike parts for new bike. Extra info: Fucking sick. Had these on my nukeproof...
  7. nexusfish

TAS Sold!

Item: Fox X2 Air 200mm x 57mm with tricky needle roller hardware. Price: $400. Can ship at your expense. Condition: Had full service about 3 months ago and saw about 2 rides a week. Reason for sale: Broke frame so now its parts selling time to fund more unnecessary bike parts for new bike. extra...
  8. nexusfish

Squeezing boost onto non boost frame

G'day guys, I've trashed another rear wheel and non boost wheels are getting difficult to get quickly. With an important race coming up in 2 weeks, I'm looking at a boost wheelset. My bike is a Nukeproof Mega 290. Anyone see any problems with squeezing a boost hub in it? I chucked in a mates and...
  9. nexusfish

142x 12 rear hub

Item: non boost hub Condition: good, don't mind if it's used, just working well Price: let's chat Extra info: need it expressed posted! I'm desperado!
  10. nexusfish

Old standard DH 20mm front hub

Item: 20mm front hub. Old DH standard. Price: let's chat. Extra info: I'm doing a ghetto Dorado mod for my enduro bike and modern boost hubs have the disc mounting bed too far out. Old DH is 110mm axle, but without the moved disc mounting. Go through the old parts bin!
  11. nexusfish

TAS Sold !

Item: 29ee Dvo Diamond non boost forks. Condition: Good condition. A year of riding under me, but regularly serviced and new seals put in 4months ago. There is a mark on the stanchion, but it was a soft material rub so it is totally superficial. Extra info: comes with spare damper bladder...
  12. nexusfish

Box 9 E-mtb groupset

Gday Folks, I was thinking about picking up one of those 9speed groupsets form box. It will be going on my enduro bike which spends a lot of time in wet conditions. Does anyone know if the teeth and chain are wider than the 11 speed stuff? If its built like the old 9 speed stuff, im keen as...
  13. nexusfish

Best way to increase trail. Reduce fork offset or reduce head angle.

Gday, after owing a 2016 Nukeproof mega 290 for a few months now, I think im finally on top of the bike and ive notices a quirk im trying to tune out. In the sort of tight corners you really want to weight the front and just rail through, i notice the front wants to "tuck" or it seems like it...
  14. nexusfish

TAS Swap DVO topaz 200 x 51/57 for coil shock

Item: DVO Topaz 200 x 51/57 air shock Condition: Great. Been re-bled with raceline shock oil (the best). Will put a new air can seal kit on it and some new du bushes upon swap/sale. Reason for swap: Bought one for a older bike i deiced to get going, then canned the project and bought a new...
  15. nexusfish

Bearing loose in carbon fiber suspension linkage!

Gday Guys, I have had a bearing come loose in a suspension rocker (bearing that attaches the rocker to the rear triangle in the pic). Any ideas on how i can get it to set back in? ive got some new enduro bearings sitting here so happy to use super epoxy as i wont have to change them again for a...
  16. nexusfish

TAS Wtb 29 tough wheelset non boost or rims

Item: as above. stans flow mk3 or spank wheelset, for example. Condition: goodish? Price: let's chat Extra info: non boost. Prefer 32 hole. Also interested in rims only
  17. nexusfish

Timing rules for enduro racing

Hi all. IM getting into gravity enduro and have a few questions about the format of timing. I understand that your decent sections added together dictates your finish position. But what about the climbs? Is the a max time limit for the climb sections? Or do you have a total time to complete the...
  18. nexusfish

TAS 12 speed cassette

Item: any cassette that will for a shimanoo hub body. Condition: more than 60% life would be good. Price: lets make a deal.
  19. nexusfish

Have you bought a bike privately online, unseen. how to be safe?

Gday, looking at a bike from gumtree and looking to get the person to send it to me in Tasmania. Just wanted to see if anyone else has done this and what you can do to be sure (to the best of your ability) that the bike will be sent. Ive stalked the guy online ans much as possible and had a chat...
  20. nexusfish

Nukeproof mega 275 vs 290

Has anyone got any comments on the difference between the two bikes. Looking for a enduro racing rig for next year and the geo and specs sit well with me. Im a 90kg 186cm rider with a dirt bike back ground and a decent technical ability, so am thinking the 29 for something bigger to swing around...