Search results

1. riene5

Hand pump

Thanks guys, looks like the one-up could be a goer. I opened up the pump and cleaned it out. I added some lube to the inside. It's a little better.
  2. riene5

Hand pump

Sorry for digging up an old thread, however I'm in need of a new mini pump to go on the frame. My Topeak Mountain Morph died when it got soaked on my commuter (ride a lot in the rain) I was thinking about the oneup 100cc However I would not use the cartridge carrier and mini tool (I believe it...
  3. riene5

High Top Shoes Clipless

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm looking for high tops that provide support over the ankles. I can't tell you the model of my old Shimano boots. I bought them in 2008 and the model name on he tounge has long worn off. The Shimano XM9's seem to offer the same style.
  4. riene5

High Top Shoes Clipless

Does anyone know any high top mtb shoes that accept spds? So far I have only found Shimano XM 9 shoes. At about $300 I was hoping there were a few more options out there.
  5. riene5

Help with my commuter

I ended up getting new forks for the bike that are matched to the frame. Makes a massive difference. Bike is now much more stable and much nicer to ride.
  6. riene5

Help with my commuter

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I'm experiencing with the bike. I've been riding it for about 2 months and it just feels unstable. I used to be able to ride up ramps on the Unit on my commute, I tried it with the Rove and had to jump off half way up due to have almost no control over the...
  7. riene5

Help with my commuter

Thanks hifiandmtb, good idea. Just checked the geo between the 2 models: Fork length: Rove: 409 mm Unit: 470 mm Does anyone know what effect lifting the front end of the Rove by ~60mm would have of the handling of the bike?
  8. riene5

Help with my commuter

Hi Guys, I recently changed the frame on my commuter from a Kona Unit to a Kona Rove. The main reason what to get rack mounts. I swapped all the parts from my Unit over to the Rove. As can be seen from the pics below, the forks from the Unit cause the front end of the Rove to sit up...
  9. riene5

Child seat on MTB

Fantastic, thanks guys. That OnOne is just what I'm looking for, can use all the parts off my Unit. Great price too.
  10. riene5

Child seat on MTB

My end goal is to get a child seat on the back of my bike. My bike does not have rack mounts. I've found some racks that will mount to the disc brake mount on the frame and attach to the seat post. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these racks and do people consider them safe to...
  11. riene5

NSW SOLD - Cannondale 2007 Rush3 / CrossMax SLR Wheels - Medium - SOLD

Item: 2007 Cannondale 2007 Rush 3 Medium Location: NSW, Neutral Bay (pick up only) Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: Do not use Price: SOLD Frame: 2007 Cannondale Rush 3 Medium Fork: Lefty Speed 100mm Rear Shock: Fox Float RP23 100mm (lock out not working - I never really used...
  12. riene5

NSW 2014 Trek Lush 29 17" - SOLD - pending payment

Item: Women's 2014 Trek Lush 29 Frame Size: 17" Location: Neutral Bay NSW Item Condition: Almost New Reason for selling: Do not ride it Price and price conditions: $1200 (pick up only) - SOLD PENDING PAYMENT Extra Info: Frame: WSD Geometry, Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP Convert, Full...
  13. riene5

Shimano XC70 or XC90 shoes

I have the XC70 shoe and am disappointed with it. I too was running a really old set of shoes that that were very loose, and the thought of custom fitting a pair of shoes appealed to me. I did not notice much difference between the XC70's pre-fitted and fitted, so unless they fit you really...
  14. riene5

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

So are the trail builders good with riders riding the stage 2 trails? Would I be correct in assuming the trails are good to go, but just won't be officially opened by the council until 7th of June? Massive thanks to all involved with the park, I love the stage 1 trails and am keen to give...
  15. riene5

'14 Stumpy Expert Evo

Hey Mate, What sort of pikes are on the bike? I only see the Pike RT3 on the Rochshox website, but according to the specialized website these are not RT3's? I in the final stages of deciding on a 6inch bike myself and love what I hear about the Stumpy EVO Nice ride.
  16. riene5

Carbine 275 paint update

Cool thanks for the speedy reply. Really appreciate it as I'm hoping to hit up the LBS this afternoon. Aside from a paint update, will the new frames also have: "The primary changes are the addition of ISCG05 tabs, a switch to direct mount front derailleurs (so it’ll now work with the wide...
  17. riene5

Carbine 275 paint update

Hey Moonman, Just saw an article on the new specs for the 2014 Carbine: http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/09/27/intense-carbine-275-mountain-bike-updated-for-2014/ Am in the market for a new AM bike and wondering if you have any info on when the 2014 bike would be available in AUS? If the...
  18. riene5

NSW SOLD - 2012 Fox 36 180 FIT RC2 - SOLD

Sold pending payment.
  19. riene5

NSW SOLD - 2012 Fox 36 180 FIT RC2 - SOLD

Item: 2012 Fox 36 180 FIT RC2 Location: Neutral Bay Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Bought forks for a bike that I never ended up riding Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: I bought these forks and put them on a bike that I never ended up riding. Selling the forks...
  20. riene5

NSW SOLD - 2008 Commencal Furious Medium

SOLD SOLD SOLD Item: 2008 Commencal Furious Medium Location: Neutral Bay Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Do not use Price: SOLD Extra Info: Bought this bike 3 years ago and got a good deal on another bike and hence the Commencal does not get ridden anymore. I replaced...