Search results

1. oriion

12 Hours in the Piney April 2 2016

This is a great event, over 400 riders last year - even more expected this year. https://sites.google.com/site/une12hoursinthepiney/ No, i'm not affiliated with them, just a solo entrant. Come along, the track is sweet singletrack goodness.
  2. oriion

12 Hours in the Piney 28th March, come ride some amazing singletrack.

The 12 hours in the piney is on again in sunny Armidale on the 28th march - should be an awesome event yet again. Lots of entrants last year - should be even more this year. - would be good to see some of you rotorburners come along. We have a few teams running this year, (i'm punishing...
  3. oriion

Camera Guru's school me on DSLR's

As above, I am heading to Alaska for a research trip in a few months and want to get myself a reasonable digital SLR to take some pics, 20% work related, the other 80% for my own amusement. I haven't really had my head in the camera game for many years, and the technology has changed...
  4. oriion

5 TEN shoes and other stuff cheap

at mountainbikesdirect Scored some 5 Ten V2 impacts for 69.00 + a further 10% off today with the BOXINGBARGAIN coupon. There is still plenty of sizes available too surprisingly Lots of other pretty cheap stuff too, but i dont need any new stuff :) I am not some spam bot asshole, and am in no...
  5. oriion

AM 2014 Banshee Spitfire 650B

Finally picked up my the new 2014 Spitfire yesterday, and It looks so much better than i thought. here's a few pics, and will update the thread as i build over the weekend. Spec List: CCDB Air CS Cane Creek Z14 headset 650B 160mm Pikes with color coded decals from slikgraphics 650B...
  6. oriion

Sold

Item: Genuine KMC X10SL Ti-N Gold - 10 speed / 241gm / 114link / also with missing link - no ebay knock off crap. Location: Armidale NSW Item Condition: Brand New - never opened Reason for selling: too much bling for my stealth build. Price and price conditions: $55.00 INCLUDING postage -...
  7. oriion

NSW Sold

Item: 2013 Rock Shox Reverb 30.9mm / 125mm / Right hand mech / 420 Length. (but ran it underneath on LHS to stop it getting damaged) - 3 rides old. Location: Armidale NSW Item Condition: Excellent - used 3 times, no scratches on stanctions etc Reason for selling: New Banshee Spitfire has...
  8. oriion

Online Chat gone wrong

If it was any other day than a friday i would say something is seriously wrong with this guy :)
  9. oriion

Whats your toughest component choice to make when building a bike? and why?

For me this build around I am stuck on a saddle, i thought i wanted to stick with my trusty SDG Bel Air, but am now wanting to try something different. what about you lot?
  10. oriion

Sigh @ 2014 Rockshox Pikes

Was and still am looking forward to getting my new 650b RCT3 Pikes. However, Max rotor size = 200mm Co-incidence that SRAM's max rotor size is also 200mm, and I am wanting to run 203mm XT Icetech rotors. sigh sigh sigh :(
  11. oriion

NSW 2011 Santa Cruz Nickel [LARGE] SOLD

2011 Santa Cruz Nickel Mountain Bike. Large in size - bought from fellow rotorburner last year PRICE $1750.00 neg. Will ship at your expense, but would prefer local sale, would deliver to coffs harbor area if needed. SPECS: Rear: FOX RP23 shock Front: 150mm Rock Shox Revelation Shock -...
  12. oriion

Copeton Dam 6 hour January 12th

This was a great event last year, stinking hot. but a great track and good turnout. http://www.rescuehelicopter.com.au/events/copeton-6-hour-mountain-bike-enduro hope to see some of you guys make it.
  13. oriion

Seats for a fatass

Just after some opinions on what seats you "larger" riders are sitting on these days. I've currently got an SDG i-fly seat, which is giving me some grief. Was considering moving to an SDG Belair RL or possibly a WTB Pure-V saddle, as they look to be more friendlier to bigger riders with...
  14. oriion

Bike bags.

I'm off to the states next week for a month, which I will be purchasing a new bike to get dirty for a few weeks before bringing it home. Can anyone offer any advice on what is a good bike bag to bring my new toy home in, without getting trashed? Budget is open. and would appreciate any help...
  15. oriion

Crank Brothers cobalt 3 29ers

Anyone riding these? Specifically heavier types << 115KG fatass here. My standard anthem 29er rims are folding like paper around every berm i rail, so i need something strong, light and nice to look at. any ideas? budget. will pay up to 1500 if needed, but rather keep it as low as...
  16. oriion

Age Group brackets for masters/super masters?

Can someone clarify for me age requirements for the "masters" and "super masters" to compete in events please. thanks