Search results

1. Alysum

Dirtworks 100km entry for sale

Due to knee injury I'm putting my entry for sale at cost price $110. I'll organise the transfer with Henry@Dirtworks asap by email. Please message me if interested, thanks. Tom
  2. Alysum

Noisy fork

Hi, I have an issue with my Fox RL120 which I'm not sure is normal or not. When the fork decompresses it makes a loud *tchac* sound when it has reached the end of how much the fork can extend i.e. 100% decompressed. Same when I'm about do to a jump and pull up the handlebar it makes that...
  3. Alysum

The right frame size?

G'day, I've always been a MTB rider :cool: but I'm keen to make the switch to a SS road bike for commuting to work and I need some advice on frame size. I use a 20" frame for my MTB. I'm 1m84 tall BUT I have lower back problems (herniated disc L4/L5, nothing can be done!) so I use a shorter...
  4. Alysum

Giant Trance chain length?

I put a new chain on my Trance X1 but after reducing the number of links to 112 I'm having troubles pedaling with chain suck so I'm wondering if the chain is still too long? Do some bikes run with 110 links? The derailleurs look fine and don't seem to need adjusting. My old chain is in too...
  5. Alysum

Angry Dr 100K entry available

Due to illness I'm unable to ride so my entry is available for face value. Please email me at tom_murphy81@yahoo.com.au if interested. thanks,
  6. Alysum

Bike computer advice (Sigma, CatEye)

G'day, I'd like to get a computer for my Giant Trance X1 :) but unsure which one to get. Firstly is it worth it getting a wireless one for XC ? Apparently they are heavier and less reliable ? The only thing I worry about with a wired version is falling off the bike and the cable getting...
  7. Alysum

Help how to fit disk brake pads on

Hello, When I was putting my rear wheel back on, I didn't put it in straight enough between the disc brakes pads and as a consequence it pushed one of the pads off :mad: They are Juicy 5 ones. How do I put the pad back on ? I can't manage to push it through the spring...how do I keep it open to...
  8. Alysum

Stem recommendation

G'day, I need to change the stem on my Giant Trance X1 bike for a shorter and higher rise one as I get sore lower backs. The X1 comes with a beautiful RaceFace Evolve XC, and I think it's the 110mm, 31.8, 6 deg model at JensonUSA It's a shame RaceFace does not seem to have anything...
  9. Alysum

Shoes discomfort

Hello, I've been riding with clip on shoes for the first time; with some Shimano 122 SPD shoes and I have been very uncomfortable with them when riding. I experience some kind of numbness on my foot, mostly the sole, where the shoe is clipped on to the pedal. It feels like the blood isn't...
  10. Alysum

Recommendation for XC shoes ?

G'day, I will be getting myself a Giant Trance X1 soon :cool: this will be my first bike with automatic pedals so I'd like to have some advice on what shoes I should try and perhaps some websites where I could order some for a better price ? The pedals on the bike are Shimano M520 SPD...