Search results

1. N

Capital Punishment 50KM TICKET FOR SALE

Due to the date change i cannot make the race now, so if anyones chasing a ticket for the race let me know 0407649191. Im not exactly sure how the transfer works but get in touch with me and ill sort it out. $70 for the ticket, plus whatever transfer fee (if there is one).
  2. N

hmba xc races

Forgive my hopeless searching on the HMBA (hunter mountain bike association:rolleyes:) website but i cant find the directions on how to get to where the club races are at? Can anyone give me directions or an address so i search on google maps etc......Thanks PS im coming from Singleton, so...
  3. N

Whaka100

Had a quick look through and couldnt see a thread on it, sorry if there already is one. http://www.n-duro.co.nz/whaka/ So im thinking about flying over to do this race, just for something different since ive missed out on a couple races later in the yr i wanted to do (doctor, fling). Who...
  4. N

gearing

May be a stupid question, but whats the standard gearing on a roadie, front chainrings im talking about.....is it 53 and 39?
  5. N

Knee pain

Hey fellas just got back from a quick ride, with a lot of climbing in it. Was in the saddle for an 1 hr 20mins and again, i get this pain in my right knee. It feels as if its behind the knee cap.More of a dull ache than a sharp pain. Does anyone have a similar thing happen to them, or an idea...
  6. N

advice on buying a used bike

Hi all, im scanning the market for a 2nd hand roadie to do a bit of training on i dont really have much of an idea on what to look for? Im 77kg, 176cm, so size wise should i be looking for a 58cm frame?? Also what specific bikes can you fellas suggest, budget is $2500 max, and im thinking 2nd...
  7. N

maxxis crossmark

Quick question fellas, are the Maxxis Crossmark 26x 2.1 LUST a tubeless tyre, i cant find it saying it is anywhere on the website? The LUST stands for something about the sidewall strength.
  8. N

time strapped training

Hi all, just curious about training for people who dont get much time per day, or are buggered after work etc... I work on average 11-12hrs a day doing a reasonably physically demanding job at times, and often it ends up being a 14hr day by the time im home. I regularly exercise doing cycling...
  9. N

exercise bikes

hi all, it might be stupid, but iv got a question for everyone, not sure if its in the right section but anyways. Iv got an exercise bike, magnetic one worth about $800 worth, so its not really a cheapie. What im wondering is how accurate they read? ie when it says you've ridden 20km is it...
  10. N

xc racing at awaba this weekend

hi all, just after some info on the xc racing at awaba this weekend. Iv never done a specific xc race and was wondering if anyone who has could give me some info on them like distance (i have no idea how far the races usually go for 20-30km??) how the classes are defined, rough times etc. thanks
  11. N

sydney giant dealers

Just after some info on any giant dealers in sydney area,im not from sydney so i dont really know where to go but im looking at buying a trance or anthem, probably last years models and wondering if there is 1 or 2 dealers that are a lot bigger with more range in stock than the smaller shops...