Search results

1. C

Sold. Please delete. Thankyou

Item: Cannondale SuperX Custom build Location: Adelaide Item Condition: Mint Reason for selling: Surplus. Culling the fleet Price and price conditions: $2900 ono Extra Info: Buyer pays freight, the usual Pictures: yessir Up for sale is my Cannondale SuperX cyclocross bike. If you know...
  2. C

Touring trip no.2 - Australia!

In 2011 I rode my bike from Alaska to Mexico. Now that i've finished off my uni degrees and, wanting to avoid a whole bunch of responsibility, I am going to head out on another big touring ride. Should be fun. I leave in about 3 weeks and will hike the Bibbulman track in WA. I've been wanting to...
  3. C

Delete. Thanks.

Delete. Thanks.
  4. C

My new Intense Spider

This is my new Intense spider. It goes real fast and is good. If you take a close look you will also see that it is blue, which is the best colour, right up there with green and yellow. It has a SID R2C2 fork, which is lighter than a fox but maybe not quite as good. It has XT shifty bits and...
  5. C

FS: Sold please delete

Item: LOOK 464 track bike. Medium, to suit 5'9" to 6'1", depending on your proportions and the type of track riding you do. Location: Adelaide Item Condition: Excellent. Used for one track meet, about a month of training and a few commutes Reason for selling: Track scene in Adelaide is not...
  6. C

sold please delete

Shimano Ultegra. Excellent workhorse stuff. Actually, quite a bit nicer than workhorse. Grab a bargain on this groupset and build up a frame, or update that trusty old frame with a new groupset. For sale: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Groupset Year: 2010 Size: 11-23 block, 175 cranks, 34.9 front...
  7. C

SA sold please delete

I'll probably regret this, but whatever. I am keen to sell my roadie. It is rad, but to be honest, I just want a more aggressive bike. Frame: Lynskey Cooper, size M/L (557mm effective top tube, suits someone 5ft9in to 6ft, depending on your proportions) Fork:Alpha Q (crazy light and stiff...
  8. C

niner one9 sizing

I need a teeny bit of help. I've ordered a niner one9 but am having doubts about size. The demo that the shop had was a RIP9, in medium, which has the same ett as the one9. It felt fine as far as size, but obviously being a dually is a bit different. Me: 182cm, long in the back, short in the...
  9. C

The "holy f*#k that's a long way to ride a bike" bike packing thread.

I have ordered some things. Including a can of this. And one of these. and I have a one way plane ticket to Alaska in May. I graduate at the end of the year, and Canberra is a hole, so I am leaving. so I am going to dig ditches for a plumber (or something) and sell everything...
  10. C

Sold. Please delete

Item: Shimano XT 9-speed chainrings Location: Canberra Item Condition: Brand new Reason for selling: Using single ring Price and price conditions: $80 not neg. Extra Info: Delivery at buyers expense or pickup Pictures: You know what they look like.
  11. C

Sold. Please delete

Item: Shimano Ultegra 6700 tubeless wheelset Location: Canberra Item Condition: Really good, ~1500km on them Reason for selling: New wheels Price and price conditions: $250 not neg, pickup or buyer pays postage Extra Info: 1650g, includes skewers, can be set up road tubeless. Will post...
  12. C

Sold: Surly karate monkey 18"

Item: SURLY KARATE MONKEY - Medium (18") To suit 5'9 - 6'2 or so. Location:[/b Canberra, will post Item Condition: Mechanically better than new, cosmetically good (rubbed crank arms, few scratches), only 4 months of riding on this one. Reason for selling: Gears, suspension and carbon Price...
  13. C

Flying kangaroos

Just saw this on velonews Australia ends the year as the 4rd best professional road racing nation. Cadel ranks 5th with a pretty nice stack of Aussies in the top 50. Allan Davis - 11th Simon Gerrans - 25th Heinrich Haussler (yeah, I'm claiming him) 16th Michael Rogers - 43rd Stuey -...
  14. C

SRAM rival

hey kids, need some advice from people who ride the black stuff. I am looking at a new bike and it comes in two versions. SRAM rival or Shimano 105/Ultegra rear mech. From what I can gather, these are the pluses and minuses SRAM: + lighter, better looking, double tap (tried it, liked...
  15. C

SOLD - 2008 Cannondale F3

Item: 2008 Cannondale F3 - Blue, Large. Location: Adelaide. Item Condition: Excellent, rubbing on crankarms, a couple of minor pebble chips. Reason for selling: Overseas for 11 months, would be a waste to let it sit in the garage. Price and price conditions: $1400. Extra Info: Will ship...
  16. C

1x9 setup

Hi guys, MY plan for my next bike is a fully rigid, steel, XC with 1X9 gearing. I need a little advice regarding the drivetrain setup. Maybe DH riders with 1X9 gearing would be best placed to answer. I would like a fairly large front chainring (36 or 38T). My query relates to the...
  17. C

Riding in Japan

Hi Guys, I am living in Tokyo for a year and taking my bike. Does anyone know what the riding is like there?? Any pointers for trails that are within a train ride of tokyo?
  18. C

Bad Candy? Crank Brothers issues.

I purchased a pair of CB candy SLs a week or so ago. This was my first mistake. One of the wings has bent outwards from pull on the upstroke. This prevents the clipping mechanism from rotating inside the platform. Is this a common problem or just a bad pedal? I have three options: 1) take...
  19. C

Headshok opinions

I have taken a couple of test rides on cannondales and like the feel of the headshok, but am concerned about reliability. I know there are big issues with lefty reliability, and the early headshoks seem to have a fair share of problems with air retention. If anyone out there rides a late...