Search results

1. S

2012 Back Yamma

Hmmmmmm, MTBA website wont let me rego. Will I have to incur the $5 late entry fee on Saturday arvo?
  2. S

Bruce Ridge (ACT)

I'm a bit curious about racing at bruce ridge. I imagine this topic has probably been covered before, so shoot me down if this is the case. Why don't we see any racing there? Not even at simple CORC XCO events, is there a specific reason? Main reason I ask is because I believe bruce...
  3. S

Rooms Available in Share House 3mins from Stromlo (ACT)

G'day All, Wasn't sure where to post this but I figured it would be best to get my listing out to the MTBing community. I have a couple of rooms available in a sharehouse in Duffy, only 3 or so minutes ride to the sweetest single track around. Looking for younger or at least like minded...
  4. S

Rocky Trail's Shimano MTB Grand Prix 2012 Series

Trailburner, I was curious as to whether the numbers to support SS categories in either the 4hr and/or 7hr had occurred? Cheers
  5. S

Chinese Carbon 29er

G'day guys, Thought I'd put up my Chinese 29er, nearly finished just waiting on EBB and cranks. I got a 20" frame with BB30, weighed in at 1341grams. Will be using it as a single speed, not as high specs as red rocket's though(very nice bike)! Have put up a photo next to my 20" XTC 29er...
  6. S

Rocky Trail's Shimano MTB Grand Prix 2012 Series

Yup, I too have ridden heart breaker recently. Very rough ATM..... rock gardens are real rock gardens now. Would vote for main climb up cockatoo switchbacks and down skyline/luge, which will make a nice 30-40min lap (which i assume would be ideal for this length of race!).
  7. S

The Mont 2012 - Trail conditions

Has anyone ridden the course recently(ie. since its opening for practice today)? If so, was wondering is any of the mud/bog still exists..... Any other comments on track condition are very much welcome. Cheers
  8. S

Bike Buller 2012

Can someone who entered in this year 5hr let me know how the line up for the lift was. I entered the 4hr last year and the line-up was a bit of a let down, hoping they improved upon the situation. Cheers
  9. S

Giant XTC Carbon 2012- 29er

I experienced both the front deraillier dropping all the time (spoke to a guy with another xtc comp. and he has the same issue) and the metal guard falling off. Now 1x10, havent looked back. Also wieght the standard P-XC wheels when converting to tubeless, came in at 2070g. Mabey worth...
  10. S

Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

Had an awesome race with my team mates, track was absolutely amazing we only got a bit of traffic on the second lap after a slow start from our first rider. I agree with everything EzyLee mentioned, I can only think of couple things to make the event actually perfect: -Rascals, every time...
  11. S

Is it known who will be starting on which lap? Thanks
  12. S

Back Yamma Bigfoot 2011 (Entries close Monday 22nd August)

A question for the locals. Is the pizza hut in Parkes still all you can eat for like $13? Easy way to load up on carbs hahahaha
  13. S

Looks like alot of SS riders then..... would this be a fair assumption? Sasquatch, you mentioned the release of an updated track map soon, any idea when that is coming?
  14. S

Quick few q's How is it decided who starts on what colour lap? Or does everyone start on the same colour lap? Thanks
  15. S

Hey Sasquatch, Really enjoyed the race last year, any word as to the course layout for 2011? I'm also curious as to where my entry fees went having now seen photos of you flashin' fiftys around like a pimp haha! Cheers
  16. S

Bendigo 6 Hour Enduro

Handicapped Race Hi John, Track is looking good Any more details on the handicapped race on the 15th? I checked the website, but the link takes me nowhere. Was curious about start finish times or length etc. Also BTW GPS file link of 6hr track looks like it isn't working anymore... Cheers
  17. S

Bendigo 6 Hour Enduro

This will probably seem like a stupid question... What is the difference between open and elite categories? Also, what would the course be like for single speed bikes? Cheers.