Chinese Carbon 29er

Mike95

Likes Dirt
Hello Rotorburners.Here is my Ltk 023 with fresh mud from The Mont.I cant fault the frame so far.It is basically built up from parts from my Giant.Its stiff in the front end and quiet complient in the rear.
I like what you have done with the bike jarv. Hope you like it. Good to see the bike is getting ridden properly. Don't think it ever got dirty when i had it.

Last edited:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slowly coming together....

LTK023, SID XX, C29ssmax.

Full 2x10 XT and some Schwalbe tyres to go! (fork has not been properly installed yet, photo purposes only!)

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Update

Just thought I'd give people an update on the frame.
Over 6 months now, hundreds of K's, one Otway Odyssey and the bike is still going strong. I'm about to change a few items and I'm hoping to drop the weight to under 8kg's.
Anybody who has read this thread and is thinking of buying a frame, I say go ahead. I haven't regretted my decision to buy a frame.

G'day guys,
Thought I'd put up my Chinese 29er, nearly finished just waiting on EBB and cranks.
I got a 20" frame with BB30, weighed in at 1341grams.
Will be using it as a single speed, not as high specs as red rocket's though(very nice bike)!
Have put up a photo next to my 20" XTC 29er composite for comparison.

Bike feels very light ATM, waiting very anxiously on cranks and EBB.....
Oh and when i was looking for headset adapter(for 1-1/8" to 1-1/2"), went to a couple of local bikes stores, all of which commented on how high quality the frame appeared to be.
CarbonBIke 010.2.JPG1.JPGCarbonBIke 002.2.JPGCarbonBIke 004.2.JPGCarbonBIke 005.2.JPGCarbonBIke 009.2.JPG

Glen2

Likes Dirt
What is the best pick of all the chinese 29er's avail atm? (I see there is a few diff styles) And is Ebay the best place to buy-or somewhere else?

I'm after a large, BB30 preferably Matte finish.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
What is the best pick of all the chinese 29er's avail atm? (I see there is a few diff styles) And is Ebay the best place to buy-or somewhere else?

I'm after a large, BB30 preferably Matte finish.
Read this thread and the one MTBR, no one can say which is the "best", it's a gamble for sure. Buying of Ebay, Alibaba, or direct from the manufacturer are all options. My mate has a HongFu road bike, he's flogged it on and off road, it's held up beautifully, if their MTB is as strong I'd be looking there.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Depending on how large you are looking, the FM056 and LTK023 seem to have the longest ETT's.

Dazzo

Likes Dirt
For those who have these bikes - are they are very compliant ride, i.e. a bit of give in the frame? or are they super stiff??

Dave

Yeti575

Squid
Photos of the china 29na.

Just thought I'd give people an update on the frame.
Over 6 months now, hundreds of K's, one Otway Odyssey and the bike is still going strong. I'm about to change a few items and I'm hoping to drop the weight to under 8kg's.
Anybody who has read this thread and is thinking of buying a frame, I say go ahead. I haven't regretted my decision to buy a frame.
Mate, you need to post some pics of your upgrade, looks the goods!!!!!!

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have spammed every other thread (Post your 29er etc) with this, but since i can't ride it yet due to a broken collarbone, i like other people looking at it.....

My Chinese Carbon 29er is complete! Going 1 x 10, and will see how the XTR Shadow Plus works as a chain device. The long teeth on the Salsa ring should help as well. All up, this beast cost $3200 to put together, and the bathroom scales say she weighs 9.9kg. Stoked!

The frame looks to be of very good quality, and it sure looks awesome in a 3K gloss finish!

Glen2

Likes Dirt
I just recieved my Rigid 29" carbon forks from ebay seller- Carbon_bicycle. Code on the tube is LT.

They seem to have something stuck in one of the tubes that rattles! I have contacted the seller to seek a resolution.

Apart from that the quality seems great. Hoping my frame will arrive tomorrow.

Nath8

Likes Dirt

Mate, you need to post some pics of your upgrade, looks the goods!!!!!!
OK, as requested. New Niner fork (thanks to burner mike95), gone back to a trusty Maxxis Ignitor on the front. A new seat post is in the mail.
Final weight should be around 7.85 kg's. I'll weigh it when the new post is in.

Attachments

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally got around to taking a few pics of mine.
This bike was done more as a marketing idea for our Koiled team. It is not something that the company is planning to try to sell.
21" frame.
Built up easily but will get coverted to 2 x 9 soon (I dont need 2 SS).

steve-waters

Likes Dirt
was the painting a stickers done by them? Or did you put the logo on after getting the frame? (sorry you might have mentioned earlier but been a while)

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All painted and decalled via Hong-fu. My design and the black sections are actually clear coated UD carbon fibre.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
very cool - I am looking for a commuter - that could do it - please let me know if there is a spare XL frame sitting in a shed somewhere in Brisbane
No spares John.
As I said, this is a one off and not something that Koiled is selling.
Also, I am only using that layback post as it was what I had.
I will probably get a straight post for it in the future.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I have been toying with the idea of one of these for a few weeks. They look fantastic and everyone who has built one seems happy with them. But I just keep coming back to the fact that I can get a carbon xtc 29er for under $2500 and the sums just won't add up for the chinga build.
It would be different if I had a spare crank and some wheels or brakes lying around, but I don't. I would be pretty much starting from scratch.
I know I would find the build and the result quite rewarding and I'm pretty handy with the tools.
But if the Giant and a chinga would cost about the same, it seems smarter to buy the bike with a lifetime warranty on the frame. But it would be "just another Giant".
So does it feel better pedaling a bike you put together yourself? Am I more likely I'll have a Zen moment if I build my own 29 SS rigid?