Search results

1. J

custom wheel builds - feedback

Thanks for the heads-up!
  2. J

Thanks everyone for the replies. Budget is not massive (that went with buying the bike!). OddJob is right in that I am not hucking off high drops, etc. I am riding in the 2021 BC Bike Race but, again, that's not going to be full of jumps. Budget would be 1200-1500 I reckon (pending tax return)...
  3. J

Hi folks. Am looking to build a custom wheelset for my 2019 Pivot Trail 429. Am based in Sydney and am keen to hear from anyone who's had both alloy and/or carbon custom wheel sets built. I am looking at either I-9 or DTSwiss 350 hub due to the SuperBoost rear end on this bike but keen to hear...
  4. J

VIC Sold

Be keen to see your final build re the Intense Sniper. Am looking at a 'downcountry' (sorry for using what sounds like the new trend word!) XC bike and have this, the SB100 and SB4.5 on a slowly growing list and do like the look of the Sniper.
  5. J

Returning to hardtail, who's done it and how'd you feel about it?

Built up a rare Rocky Blizzard LT (Long Travel) 2011 frame a year or so ago. It's a 4130 steel frame and is pretty burly. But, it is also great fun and, as others have said here, steel is definitely a bit more forgiving! Having said that, I too also have a dually. The HT is for places like...
  6. J

DT Swiss XRC 1200 V ENVE M60 HV

Anyone else got any advice/opinion/review on those Nexties? Am looking very seriously at those myself.
  7. J

Carbon 29er wheelset - the eternal question

Thanks everyone!
  8. J

Carbon 29er wheelset - the eternal question

Hi folks. Well, this is a pretty generalised question (and realise it ain't new) but i am looking to drop a bit of weight while improving ride quality, etc., on my new Rocky Mountain Instinct Alloy 70. It's got the Sunringle 30mm internal-width alloy wheels on it at the moment (plus tubes -...
  9. J

Best MTB mags?

Can second the suggestion of SPOKE mag. It's brilliant and there are very few - if any - typos, grammatical or spelling errors, something the Aus-based magazines have plenty of. Plus i second that complaint about[R]evoltion mag regarding the font size. Photos are great though. Another...
  10. J

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Love those Transition frames
  11. J

Thanks! it took nearly 18 months to find a Large frame - and an owner who wanted to sell it - but stoked with the result. Now to get out there and ride it! Cheers, JW
  12. J

Rocky Mountain Blizzard Long Travel (LT) 2011 - rare! Bought this frame secondhand from Canada. RM only made a couple of hundred of these Long Travel variants for one year (2011) and not sure if there are any/many in Oz. They differed from the 'standard' Blizzard with capability to take...
  13. J

29er trail rigs with a dash of enduro

Thanks everyone great to see/read all the different advice and options. Everyone is saying the same thing: 29er trail bikes are really coming to the fore again, which is pretty cool.
  14. J

It's funny - i had looked at the BFe a few years ago for this project. I just got super lucky chatting to a Canadian guy on MTBR.com re finding a Blizzard LT. I actually have a 2010 standard Blizzard as well that the wife rides. they have that brilliant sloping top tube which is awesome for...
  15. J

Interesting to know re the YT! Plus any brand that has Brett Tippie as an ambassador must be doing something right. ;)
  16. J

Ha! You're right Zaf there are plenty of good ones around so will keep checking these out. Cheers, JW
  17. J

Funnily enough my upcoming project bike is a HT but a 26 - a rare 2011 Rocky Mountain Blizzard LT (Long Travel) that can take forks from 120-150 (the stock Blizz was a Xc bike - 100/120). The Northern Beaches are pretty rocky/ledge stuff though s it will be my second/fun rig once built and...
  18. J

Thanks Zaf - much appreciated mate. yeah, i am a but of a threaded bb fan too but will see how it all pans out i guess... JW
  19. J

Thanks Ranger - def. going to check these bikes out. JW
  20. J

Thanks everyone - great feedback and have added a few of those bikes to the list! Cheers, JW