Search results

1. magilla1971

body armour

I always wear body armour. I don't bounce like I used to and injuries seem to take longer to heal.
  2. magilla1971

Anzac Day 2012

Lest we forget
  3. magilla1971

Giant glory 00

I'm 184 cm tall and have tried both medium and large frames. The large was a better fit for me. As mentioned above try both and see how they feel.
  4. magilla1971

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Got mine in the mail today. Agree with the comment about the bars so would also be keen to hear from others who have changed them.
  5. magilla1971

I've broken my chain twice. It is the stock chain from purchase. The first time was on bitumen and the second on firetrail. Have just purchased the XT model and will see how that goes.
  6. magilla1971

Explain Your Username!

Magilla as in Magilla Gorilla and the year of my birth and I wouldn't change it at all.
  7. magilla1971

The James Williamson Enduro Challenge 2011

I'm in and looking forward to it.
  8. magilla1971

Just picked mine up and loving it.
  9. magilla1971

Back onto bikes. I just got a call from the local who sold me mine and Giant have just recalled all the bikes. Something to do with an issue with the frame. Not happy, but what can you do?
  10. magilla1971

What is the most important event you have skipped to go for a ride?

Me too for Father's Day. Doing the Angry Doctor instead.
  11. magilla1971

Capital Punishment is GO

That part of the track was definitely an eyeopener. But this was the first enduro for this little black duck and I will definitely be back for more.
  12. magilla1971

Capital Punishment is GO

Did the 50 in just under five hours. It was a tough ride, very wet, very muddy. Glad I did not do the hundred.:)
  13. magilla1971

Still not sure about buying from CRC?

Never had a problem with CRC. Have ordered parts and clothing numerous times and the have been delivered nice and quick and always in one piece.
  14. magilla1971

Jongewaard gets 2 years jail

From reading all the above posts it seems that there is a lot of hatred out there for him. I am not taking sides but it is tragic on all accounts from where I am sitting. Another grey area out there is that from being at Stromlo for the Worlds you could hear a lot of cheers for him everytime...
  15. magilla1971

Flat bar roadie - pros & cons commuting

Check out the Specialized Tricross. I checked out the stores for a bike to do the commute from home to work and back again. Looked at hybrids and flat bar roadies. Came across the Tricross, took it for a spin and was back in the next day to buy one. I am very impressed with it and it travels...