Search results

1. Shintaro

03 Kona Stinky vs 12 Nukeproof Mega

Im not super tech savy, though Im sure that given enough time I can get my head around most mechanics with some repetition. Am considering getting a Nukeproof Mega AM 2012 at a good price, but can only get in small size. I'm 5'9", and this is the borderline size between small/medium frames...
  2. Shintaro

cheapish roadie wheelset for commuting

Item: Wheelset for commuting, leaning towards 29er Location: Sydney North Price range/Willing to Pay: Good mulla for nice 2nd hand wheels Extra Info: hey, want to upgrade MTB wheelset to something more suitable for road (33km commute each way). ideally buy with discs & 9spd sram cassette...
  3. Shintaro

"Spare Me", 4wd spare tyre bike rack

Hey rotorburners, I've recently bought a small 4wd (Suzuki Jimny) as is ideal for all the work k's i'm doing, and fun for w/end play. Now that I'm selling my Suzuki Carry Van (shamless plug), I need an easy way to get my DH bike to the trails. The obvious soulution for a small 4wd is a...
  4. Shintaro

Oldschool MTB slang

For all the old school chain smokin crusties..... http://www.frostbytes.com/~jimf/biking/slang.html A pre-Y2K write up on offroad cycling will help put the gnarl in gnarlly. Check it out, and if you like it as much as I do, quote your favorite definitions.
  5. Shintaro

KEEWEE Stealth??? Bike reviewers wanted....

About 6 months back there were alot of threads raving about the Keewee stealth as being exceptional value, aswell as a great bike. The hype seems to have died down, and a I've recently heard of problems concerning Stealth frames cracking!! I want reviews from people who are into Dj/Fr/Urban or...
  6. Shintaro

Alternative sites to farkin.net to buy/sell pre-owned MTB???

Looking for suggestions on other websites to look; I can think of tradingpost.com.au and ebay.com.au, but don't think these are the best options out there. I think pinkbike.com would be an option aswell. Is there any other popular MTB classifieds? If anyone has a good pre-owned hardtail for...
  7. Shintaro

Jnr T's Topping Out (fork technical prob)

I recently had my forks serviced (03 Marzochi Jnr T's) and now when I bunnyhop I pull the bars up and my forks make a loud clunking/banging noise. I plan to retrun them to my LBS who did the service but am wondering what would cause this to happen. Is it as simple as no oil in a resevoir? Or...
  8. Shintaro

Meeting Re: New Skate Park at the "Brickpit", Normanhurst Tue 21st June, 6.30PM

This info is 2nd hand, just passing it on. Anyway, there's a meeting about a new skatepark being built at the "Brickpit" sports centre, Dartford Rd Normanhurst (just off Pennant Hills Rd), lecture room 3, 6.30pm Tuesday. I strongly advise ringing for further details (as I am unsre if this is...
  9. Shintaro

Skateparks vs. MTB Park/4X tracks

Is it just a problem in Sydney that MTB Parks, 4X tracks, BMX tracks seem to be outnumbered 10 to 1 by Skateparks, or has the quick & nimble cyclist been ignored all accross this great land of ours? Growing up as a kid in the 80's my chosen hobby was riding a skateboard (bart simpson style)...
  10. Shintaro

What age to leave home?

Just a little thread to hear peoples thoughts about when to move out of (their parents) home and what motivates them to do it. I'm 27 and a half and still live at home with my oldies :eek:. I moved out for 3 months when I was about 22 to help some mates pay the rent. Since then all my mates...
  11. Shintaro

Bike for dirt jumps & skateparks, under $2K ?

Opinions wanted for a dirt jumper that will be good for skateparks & urban too. I know that alot of hardtails are not that great for busting air out of 8 foot bowls etc..., so just wanted feedback from the people who ride skateparks. I think something like On-one "Gimp" or maybe Keewee...
  12. Shintaro

Sonicfury.net - Free Rave Music

http://www.sonicfury.net ;) :p :cool: :) :rolleyes: :D :eek: :o :confused:
  13. Shintaro

Anyone ride the Roper Rd Minchinbury DJ's ?

It's been bugging me for a while. I was informed of some jumps near Roper Rd and went on a scouting mission, bumped into some locals who showed me to the numerous abandoned jump tracks. This was 6 months ago. Unfotanately all off the jumps there were built bellow ground level with no though...
  14. Shintaro

Rear shock (for small hucks) 190mm eye to eye

What: Rear shock 190mm eye to eye, something better than my 5 year old RST Price range/Willing to Pay: What it's worth Location: I'm in Sydney Extra Info: Shock will be used on small drops (up to 6 foot to tranny) and decent sized dirt jumps (big), as well as singletrack. I only weigh about 66kg.
  15. Shintaro

Aust Day 05 Red Hill

I am pleased to present a short film from Red Hill DJ's, Australia Day 05. Nitwit filmed (Panasonic NV-DS50) Shintaro edited (Windows Movie Maker) 28 days music (Rise Above, Kid Indestructible) http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/djcontest/aust_day_05_red_hill.wmv 4:33 run time 640x480...
  16. Shintaro

Help needed with digital video capture? (Panasonic NV-DS50A)

Recently took some good MTB video footage on my mates Panasonic NV-DS50A digital video camera and can not get the data onto my PC. I installed the software & drivers that came with the camera but the program I am using is called "PHOTOVU/MPEG4 Movie Messenger" and is hopeless. It alows me to...
  17. Shintaro

2004-2005 2nd hand hardtail dirt jumper **PLEASE DELETE, NO LONGER LOOKING**

What: e.g. Keewee Stealth, Kona Stuff, Norco Sasquach, Giant STP1 etc Price range/Willing to Pay: $1, 000 or less Location: Sydney area or within an hour's drive of Sydney Extra Info: I think I want a small sized frame, possibly medium. I am 178cm tall and weigh 65 kg. I will consider older...
  18. Shintaro

Man who shot himself in testicles is jailed

This is some older news, but after reading about "Rugby fan 'cuts off testicles' to celebrate win" http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=25968, I was reminded of this incident I heard on the radio a while back. A 28-year-old man who shot himself in the testicles with a sawn-off shotgun...
  19. Shintaro

Powerful + Portable Stereo Solution

I am considering buying a portable stereo system to play CD's & music from IPOD etc...... So far this is my number 1 choice as the sound quality is superior to all else I have heard; ITEM: SONY CD RADIO CASSETTE RECORDER WITH REMOTE CFDG500 URL...
  20. Shintaro

Red Hill DJ w/end, Saturday 22nd - Sunday 23rd January 05

Plan: Chill out, listen to music, ride dirt jumps & build dirt jumps; Start: By 10AM; Finish: Usually a bit before dusk (7.30pm); Who: Shintaro, Nitwit & others; Drinks: Plenty of water / sports drinks; Eats: Snacks, BBQ food or cold food; Build: Bring a shovel & a hat if you...