Search results

1. C

Bargain buys thread

Sounds like the review fork was busted... Any first hand experience?
  2. C

NSW SOLD - 2005 Apollo Raceline Giro - 52cm

SOLD Item: 2005 Apollo Raceline Giro - 52cm Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney. Not interested in parting it or shipping it. Item Condition: Used, but in good condition. Bike has a few scuff marks, but no dents or bad scratches. Everything mechanical works properly. Reason for selling...
  3. C

Mtn bike pedals for a road bike ... stupid or not?

I enjoy riding my TCR SL with XTR pedals and a camelbak. Is that so wrong?
  4. C

Single track in national parks - article in today's SMH

The actual discussion paper is here https://mountainbiking.discussions.nsw.gov.au/
  5. C

Recommend Me An XC/Trail/Commuting Weapon!

Wheels are expensive. I got a 2nd hand Raceline roadie with 105 gear and a carbon fork off a guy at work for $800 a year ago. Not much more than a good wheelset and tires. Less hassle than swapping wheels and fast. Just stick on a cheap set of MTB clip pedals and off you go.
  6. C

Recommend Me An XC/Trail/Commuting Weapon!

The 2010 models are quite cheap as well. The XTC, Anthem and Trance all look very nice. To be honest you'd probably be happy with any one of them.
  7. C

Avanti no longer to sell Specialized

Yep, If they are selling enough bikes at current prices they can just eat the whole pie instead of sharing it with a distributor. Personally I choked on the 2010 prices and bought a Giant...
  8. C

2009 Anthem X2 vs 2010 Anthem X3

Go the 2010 for the Fox fork. The cost to upgrade it later on the 09 would be almost 1/2 what the bike is worth.
  9. C

Specialized 2010 bikes now up on official site.

Ok, it seems to be using that DT Swiss RWS system, not regular QR Skewers.
  10. C

Yeah, I've had a few shops try to do me a 'good deal' on 09 stock.
  11. C

If enough people were prepared to pay the 09 prices, why would they drop back to 08?
  12. C

Any idea why the new Stumpjumper appears to still be using 9mm QR on the front?
  13. C

Whats the funniest thing you have found on a trail?

I've lived in the area for 30 years and never knew that... Learn something distubing everyday. I found 3 homeless guys living about 300m off the Uloola firetrail at waterfall. Someone had blocked off a bit of singletrack with dead branches, so I went for an explore and found cranky vagrants...
  14. C

I really want to like the 140mm Stumpjumper, but if they don't match Giants prices their off the list :) Nice bikes, but no different to any other major manufacture.
  15. C

2010 Reign VS Trance...REIGN 0 Has landed..in my garage!

Updating the trance is the backup option if I don't feel overwhelmed by the greatness of the newer bikes. A longer fork and some new wheels should update the current bike nicely.
  16. C

It'll be interesting to see what the Aussie RRPs are. Stumpjumper Expert for US$3300 Giant list the new Reign 0 at US$3600, and the AU RRP looks to be $4000 Hopefully Specialized follow suit.
  17. C

Three Ring Circus – Run & Won - Great Event

If you have been down that way before there is a Red, Yellow and Blue loop that are marked out for year round use. The fling covers bits of the Red and Yellow loop. This ride does all 3 loops in turn. Red is the hardest, and I've seen families with young kids doing the blue loop.
  18. C

Thanks for the info, not that it makes the shopping any easier. Just a sanity check, if Manly Dam and Menia are as big and scary as I'm ever going to ride, is a Reign 0 massive overkill? The 2010 Trance X1 has 20mm more travel, and a 1 degree slacker head angle than my current 07 Trance. Is...
  19. C

Keen to hear any feedback on what they are like in the flesh. I have a 2007 Trance 1 at present and quite like it, but sometimes i wish it had a bit more travel to make up for my lack of skill. The new Trance X1 and Reign 0 are on the list, as is a new 140mm Stumpjumper and Cannondale RZ...
  20. C

The !2010! Thread

Has Specialized released details of their full lineup like Giant has? I want to see how much Stumpjumper I can get for the price of a Reign 0 :)