Search results

1. R

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

For a driver I would suggest going with a b3flex, has programmable current settings up to 3amp and has modes optimised for the bike. http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut750 . Not sure what housings are out there as its been a long time since I did a DIY light. Cutter also has a...
  2. R

Sold

Good to know. Cheers
  3. R

Sold

How loud are the bitex hubs? I was thinking of getting a set laced up to the LB hookless rims but didn't want them to be too noisy. GLWS Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. R

sträva premium?

For those that like the post ride analysis, check out a piece of software called GoldenCheetah. It doesn't have the segments or social aspect of strava but it does give you time in zones for hr (and power if you have it). It will track your tss, lts etc and a bunch of other features I havent...
  5. R

Ves 2014...

Congestion aside, I gather the real reason for the 10am and 1pm starts is so all races finish at the same time so that presentations can be held together and you don't have people on the podium with the transition area a ghost town. I like the 3hr option, it is not always easy to find a race...
  6. R

Any swimmers in here?

Don't worry everyone's arms feel like mush after a couple hundred meters in their first few sessions back in the pool. I would just work on getting total distance per session increasing first, work in sets of 50 or 100. Whatever you can do until you feel like you are going backwards. Recover...
  7. R

Scott 24 Hr 2012

This was the third year I have been to the Scott 24, and I must say it did seem a little quieter. Not heaps but noticable. Transition definitely got quiet overnight but maybe I had forgotten from previous years thats what happens. I agree with others there didn't seem to be as many people out...
  8. R

Forrest latest conditions

We rode forrest this past weekend. Didn't head out to the soutern trails, we stayed at Yaugher, rode tracks 8,9,11,13 and parts of 7, 10 & 14 to link them all together. Was wet and muddy in places but all very rideable. Avoid 14 it was slop, puddles and mud everywhere.
  9. R

Melbourne Social Rides

These are social rides, heavy drinking pre/post or even during should be encouraged :D
  10. R

What's your favorite race food/ drink?

I find the Gu gels work well, vanilla is my fav. Banana is a good energy hit but I find they take about 20-30 mins to take effect and can sit in your gut if you have too much at a time. Natural confectionery snakes are pretty good, I'll always have a few in the jersey pocket. I've heard...
  11. R

Melbourne Social Rides

website has been updated with ride report and the next ride day has also been added to the calendar. I guess we need to come up with a wishlist of places to ride so we can keep at least 2-3 or more rides on the upcoming rides page.
  12. R

Melbourne Social Rides

Ill be there on saturday.
  13. R

Melbourne Social Rides

I knew i forgot something, brain was fading last night when I was putting it all together. I'll add a ride grading page. Which definition are we using, there have been a couple suggested so far?
  14. R

Melbourne Social Rides

Hey guys, I created a website where we can post any of the upcoming rides and other information so it doesn't get lost in this thread. Check it out at http://mtbmelbourne.wordpress.com/ and let me know what you think. If enough people decide its a good idea I will keep it updated as more rides...
  15. R

Melbourne Social Rides

Wow you guys have been busy organising this stuff. I'm keen for 3+ rides, will make the ones that I can, obviously gotta slot them in around work and family commitments. I like the grading system will help give you an idea of level of hurt expected for the day. Corner man is a good idea...
  16. R

Yarra Trails regulars

I managed to get out for a night ride on weds before the rain hit. Trails were suprisingly dry up around hans. I did notice a lot of conveniently placed logs around blind corners, I would like to think it was all a coincidence but there was at least 6. I moved the bigger ones off the track...
  17. R

VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

Can confirm crossmarks (f+r) sucked on laps 3 & 4, was getting pretty interesting trying to predict what the bike was doing underneath, def made you concentrate on smooth pedalling technique uphill. Once track drained a bit the traction was pretty good, still need to find an alternate tyre for...
  18. R

VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

I've signed up for round 1 tomorrow, this will be my first solo event. I have done longer team events though. What would you recommend I bring in terms of transition area. I was thinking just basics, table, chair, esky. Anything else I should bring or general tips for a first timer? Cheers...
  19. R

Yarra Trails regulars

You can still ride clockwise without skidding, but I agree it is probably less taxing on the trail to ride CCW. I like to mix it up from time to time, although seem to ride CCW more these days.
  20. R

Yarra Trails regulars

I downloaded Strava, will test it out on my next ride, normally I ride with phone in camelback, might have to look into mounting iphone to handlebars so I can follow a downloaded path.