Search results

1. B

Pimp my (12") ride

My son's 12" specialized hotrock weighs as much as my 61cm roadie. Which is fine for a normal 2.5 year old, but he spends about 6 hours a day on it, and we do 8-10km of singletrack when we ride together. It has coaster brakes - lots of resistance, no real freewheeling, it is all but a fixie...
  2. B

Do your first aid.

Hey guys, An unfortunate timely reminder of the nature of our sport (and life). A fellow MTBer had a nasty stack today requiring CPR. He was able to be kept alive for at least 30-45mins until the ambos arrived. I've posted on a different site so don't really want to rehash the details...
  3. B

What is the lamest story for the most damage to your bike?

Riding through grass (recently mown) at the pony club - accumulating the grass in my rear chain stuff until it snapped my hanger off and bent my derailleur almost beyond recognition. Very unimpressed with the 10km push home. Brad
  4. B

Gold Coast

Hey all, Moving to Main Beach, Gold Coast early January. Will be a couple of weeks without a car so wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a good ride to keep my fitness/fun up from Main Beach/Surfers area within riding distance - or is it all built out and road only. I like XC/downhill...
  5. B

Newbie parts questions

Hey guys, new to MTBing but after scabbing off mates after a few flats decided I should step up my gear... What would you advise for 1) Backpack/hydration - I normally do fairly short rides, 3-4 hours tops (but in FNQ = hot). ?Is camelbak the be-all and end-all? 2) Pump - is a small...