Search results

1. A

VIC Ves 2015

Hi, if you have any feedback as to how we could make the Albury round better, please leave your comments on our facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/awmtb/ Thanks Doug
  2. A

Evocities series.

Hi, if you have any feedback as to how we could make the Albury round better, please leave your comments on our facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/awmtb/ Thanks Doug
  3. A

Evocities series.

should be at least 3-4 degrees by race start :)
  4. A

Evocities series.

Hi Dave, our course is all of those :) If you run tubes, you might want to run an extra couple of PSI in them. If you run tubeless, you might want some sidewall protection. Mostly the course is loose over hard and will be what I would call a fast track :) Ikons are a familiar tire on the...
  5. A

Evocities series.

Albury,s Evo Cities course Here is my garmin link to the 6hr course in Albury, those in the know expect the Elite to lap around the 35-37 minute mark, https://connect.garmin.com/activity/793657752
  6. A

VIC Ves 2015

Here is my garmin link to the 6hr course in Albury, those in the know expect the Elite to lap around the 35-37 minute mark, https://connect.garmin.com/activity/793657752 Around 1 -1.5 klm more fire trail to allow around 3 - 3.5klm of unraced single track.
  7. A

VIC Ves 2015

Albury is the next stop in the Vic Ves series and we have an extended course for your enjoyment this year. We have around 5klm of single track that you will not of raced on in previous events making up the complete track length of 11.77 klm. Stay tuned for further updates :)
  8. A

another weight related wheel thread, sorry :)

Thanks for the feed back, much appreciated. Doug
  9. A

another weight related wheel thread, sorry :)

Hi, a mate has a set of Mavic Ksyrium Sr's. They are 15 months old. he has broken 3 spokes in the rear wheel, the last 2 only 2 days apart. When the spoke went the wheel went way out of true and rubbed on the frame. Took it into the LBS to have the spoke replaced and the wheel trued...
  10. A

2012 VSS Series

That's if they don't get disillusioned with being beaten by older, stronger, more developed and mature competitors. If the idea is to encourage young kids to compete, then I don't think this system works. And maybe to back this up, have a look at the number of juniors racing at State and...
  11. A

Tires explained and advice needed

All depends on the terrain as well. Nobby Nic's on loose over hard pack are average at best. On loose over hard pack, Maxis Crossmark on the back and Mavic Monorail or Rendez on the front. great all round grip and longevity, Maxis Ignitor's front and back.
  12. A

2012 VSS Series

re ride time, I think you will find that the time set for each class is for the leading rider, that being the case the winner of Vet women should finish close to 90 minutes after the start, all other competitors in that class finish after that unless they get lapped by the leader where they can...
  13. A

Victorian State Champs 2011 Bendigo

OK stop looking, found it
  14. A

Victorian State Champs 2011 Bendigo

I may well of missed it so could some one tell me if there is an entry form to down load and fill out before Saturday? Any chance of a track profile? thanks.
  15. A

xt - xtr brakes Trail or race?

My new Yeti race spec ASR5 has the new XT brakes. These brakes out preform the XTR brakes on my old bike by miles. true one finger braking weight weenines would go the XTR race for weight, however in one of the MTB mags, they suggested the difference in performance was minimal pads...
  16. A

XC wheels - recomemndations/suggestions?

we purchased a set of TWE MTB wheels purely on price. They are excellent wheels and Greg offers excellent service. We now have 3 set's of TWE road wheels and one of Greg's carbon road frames as well. I am currently considering another set of MTB wheels for racing.
  17. A

PUSHY'S 6 HOUR ENDURO - Vic Enduro Series Round 5 - Albury - ENTRIES NOW OPEN

Tyre choice I also spend a reasonable amount of time on Nail Can as my home track and I even get to ride with Max Blanck when he has a rest day. Max has won 2 rounds of the 6hr Enduro series and is no mug punter unlike myself. Rendez on the front. Yep I have tried the Larsen TT on...
  18. A

SHITS at Beechworth this weekend, Quick rider wanted!

If you can get close to or beat his lap times, I will reimburse your entry!:cool:
  19. A

Six Hours In The Saddle - 2011 Entries Now Open

The tires you are running will be fine. If it should rain, put an Ignitor on the back as well! Favorite combo's for Albury which have similar terrain out the back of Nail Can would be Rendez- Ignitor front with TT , Crossmark, Ignitor rear. If it stay's dry you could run Crossmark's front...
  20. A

SHITS at Beechworth this weekend, Quick rider wanted!

Looking for a quick rider to pair up with my 17yr old son this weekend. 5th at last yrs U19 State title, 5th in Open Solo men at Tumut 3hr 2 weeks ago, 9th in Elite men at Bright Rambo TT He is handy, fast riders in our club are tending to go solo this year and his dad has a cold(soft)...